Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article online a couple days ago but I can't remember where.........stoner amnesia........upshot was there is going to be an increasing federal pressure
on marijuana.........sales in legal areas are going to pressured and sales of related components are to be targeted, too. Another thing, with the advent of legal weed in Canada in October, Canadians attempting to cross into the US are going to be searched and questioned regarding their employment in cannabis growing and related industries. Also, they will at times, be asked if they smoke pot......lying to a border official is apparently a serious offense. This will, according to this report, really impact Canadians who regularly cross the border for work, shopping, or medical care. Why am I not surprised??

Chromatic-Lava-Water.gif

I read an article online a couple days ago but I can't remember where.........stoner amnesia........upshot was there is going to be an increasing federal pressure
on marijuana.........sales in legal areas are going to pressured and sales of related components are to be targeted, too. Another thing, with the advent of legal weed in Canada in October, Canadians attempting to cross into the US are going to be searched and questioned regarding their employment in cannabis growing and related industries. Also, they will at times, be asked if they smoke pot......lying to a border official is apparently a serious offense. This will, according to this report, really impact Canadians who regularly cross the border for work, shopping, or medical care. Why am I not surprised??

Some of this isn't much of a surprise. We wanted it to be legal, well we got it... And all the regulations that will come along with it.

I hope it's worth it. Sometimes, it's better to be unregulated.

Some of this isn't much of a surprise. We wanted it to be legal, well we got it... And all the regulations that will come along with it.

I hope it's worth it. Sometimes, it's better to be unregulated.

True that! The impact on our friends north of the border could be heavy, though. Not to mention the potential for economic conflict with one of our major trading partners.

True that! The impact on our friends north of the border could be heavy, though. Not to mention the potential for economic conflict with one of our major trading partners.
Ask anyone that still makes shine in Appalachia how happy they are about the end of prohibition. I think you'll find them agreeing with us. Sometimes keeping the government out of it is the better choice.

I am all for decriminalizing it. Creating a regulated industry in my opinion was a mistake. At least this early on. Remember that the entire legalization movement used the idea of potential medicinal value as it's strongest talking point. Hell of a gamble given that taking that approach ensures FDA regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back