Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was going to do my update pics on Monday but when I can get it done now just do it. So have new pics up in my thread/grow battles day 26/day 1. Then got the stink eye :cuss: from better half when she came in the room to it smelling oh so wonderful. :biggrin:

I think it's the same as warnings against high humidity, 75%+, where the real concern is dramatic spikes in temperature and humidity with a lack of air flow. I don't grow DWC so I figure my opinion matters little but if one used @derek420colorado max O2 method in a light sealed reservoir there wouldn't be any problems but I'm just speculating.

I'd be interested to hear @Mañ'O'Green take on it though
@Damien50 68°F is the ideal temperature for oxygen saturation in water. Water's ability to hold oxygen goes down as water temperature goes up. Along with less oxygen bacteria and enzyme activity increase as temperatures rise. These bacterias and enzymes also use oxygen further depleting the availability to the roots. This in turn causes problems in root health and can easily lead to root rot. It is a cascading event. Botanicare Hydroguard is a bacteria that overgrows the reservoir outcompeting bad bacterias and protects the roots but it cannot improve the oxygen density. So at some point the roots cannot survive. I have completed grows with reservoir temperatures as high as 88°F but yield and quality was down. I have had good results with temperatures as high as 78°F in the reservoir for short periods of time. It just gets so damn hot here in the San Joaquin Valley during the summer (30 days in a row over 100°F this summer) that I went to rockwool. Drip fertigation pulls air into the Hugo blocks for good healthy roots even in this inferno.

Well I was going to do my update pics on Monday but when I can get it done now just do it. So have new pics up in my thread/grow battles day 26/day 1. Then got the stink eye :cuss: from better half when she came in the room to it smelling oh so wonderful. :biggrin:

They are looking lovely!

Mrs f6 on my case @ Day 68...

f6

They are looking lovely!

Mrs f6 on my case @ Day 68...

f6
Mine is like a bloodhound when it comes to smelling, so far each grow by about day 15 I get the you opened the tent didn't you. Then I deal with the wrath of a week or two after harvest bitching but I'm smiling as I get to puff away.

@F.N. hey Farmer Nug what up?

I would think that ruderalis would have no problem freezing since that is native to them on the other hand sativas not so much. I have had no luck in the past trying to germinate seeds I had in the freezer but in all fairness a lot of modern freezers go through defrost cycles. Even though these defrost periods are short they may be the culprit in killing my seeds.

Mine is like a bloodhound when it comes to smelling, so far each grow by about day 15 I get the you opened the tent didn't you. Then I deal with the wrath of a week or two after harvest bitching but I'm smiling as I get to puff away.

My better half loves it...she cant get over how each plant smells different. Before I started growing it was always the typical street crap, always smell the same...now, its like a candy shop when she opens jars and smiles as she takes a long whiff.

P1010058-4.jpg

Lol mine starts doing all sorts of things. Closing doors, opening up windows. Sometimes I need some air coming into the bedroom my tent is in, she keeps closing the door. I'm like.. are you trying to kill them?

I start freaking out when I can smell them from outside... This grow they are particularly funky but the tent material has a weird smell so it's a bit of an odd smell.

I sometimes spray a towel with this shit.

IMG_20180916_143411.jpg

Helps a bit..

Not much does when drying tho.

f6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back