Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, my research gave me the same theory, it did cost me to import the already expensive globe (now discontinued) I had 3 at one stage! I broke one

So 2x of these for me will equal approx 2 years of growing pretty much!

I do need to go to lower power tho soon!

f6
Yes, exactly my issue as well with electricity. I can't feel good about spending that much on electric each month. I have found a way with LEDs and different spectrum lights combined to get as full a spectrum for the money I had at the time. In the next two years my plan is to upgrade to a light where I can manipulate the entire spectrum and monitor as I go. There are lights out there now, but they are quite pricey. I hope to find options more in my price range later on. Fully adjustable and dimmable with at least around 150w above each plant(i have 4), and online monitoring and control.

Your light looks really nice for spectrum, best I have seen in one light like that. I think your plants will reward you nicely. If it wasn't so high on electric I would think about that as an option.

I've seen your work! No need for jelly!

It's not over until those jars are packed! It's going to be more about nutes now pretty sure.

f6

They don't look they have had any stress from feeding at all. Only little bits here and there were visible, but all plants, even the most healthy ones will lose foliage and leaves will die off.
Your canopy looks really plush and full, even with your defoliation. My instinct would probably make me push them a little bit more to see what they could handle, but I also wouldn't want to mess up a great run. Keep to the plan I would say!

They don't look they have had any stress from feeding at all. Only little bits here and there were visible, but all plants, even the most healthy ones will lose foliage and leaves will die off.
Your canopy looks really plush and full, even with your defoliation. My instinct would probably make me push them a little bit more to see what they could handle, but I also wouldn't want to mess up a great run. Keep to the plan I would say!

Yep, 1.65EC now and no claw or stress, they are eating huge amounts compared with my more recent 600w mh/hps under same conditions.

I had photos up to 2.5+ EC back in the dark ages.

CN showing most sensitivity, others could be pressed further!

Hi Guys. Looking to upgrade from my 60cm x 60cm tent. As far as lighting goes has anyone any experience with quantum boards. Seems by far to be the best bang for the buck. I know everyone loves COBS but they seem like they are rather expensive - especially if I was to upsize to something 120cm or even bigger. This will be set-up in the home so noise, heat etc are important. Any other ideas I'd be happy to learn about!

I think I also need to be realistic about the cost to light a bigger tent - that will be an issue so if I'm missing a trick don't be afraid to sort me out :/

Last edited:
Good day stoner family things are stacking up
1d3874d09c50226b19f53c4a1e65e94a.jpg
0afd1d8e88567ec4532abb08f2541322.jpg
7c1eb5caeade3dc2e1a3d624c569bc9a.jpg
bc3f843d962c04812b3be6ae94a2a316.jpg
c0f9de0406e220fcdd4b04e6635e03de.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Hi Guys. Looking to upgrade from my 60cm x 60cm tent. As far as lighting goes has anyone any experience with quantum boards. Seems by far to be the best bang for the buck. I know everyone loves COBS but they seem like they are rather expensive - especially if I was to upsize to something 120cm or even bigger. This will be set-up in the home so noise, heat etc are important. Any other ideas I'd be happy to learn about!
Just chiming in because I'm online but it is very nice sizing up tent space! Trust me you will fill it quickly!

Can't comment on cob or led yet but 315w cmh might be an option.

f6

Just chiming in because I'm online but it is very nice sizing up tent space! Trust me you will fill it quickly!

Can't comment on cob or led yet but 315w cmh might be an option.

f6

TBH, I've never thought about bulbs _ probably me just thinking their not sexy enough :) I also presumed heat and running costs would be prohibitive in a tent. In the UK so I'm already running into issues with high humidity. Was hoping a quantum board would help keep some of the temp/humidity in check?

Is there a good resource for working out what different lighting options would work for a particular size? Like a comparison of CMH/HID/LED/COB etc for different grow areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back