Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatcha growin?

Funny, I'm only day 42 and eagerly awaiting seed orders! And thinking about next grow!

Have to get some Mephisto yet but cash strapped and can't decide which strains!!

f6
Yep, I know the feeling. Often seems to be that way. When your growing environment gets sorted out, then grows are so much more fun and you can enjoy the strains and their differences versus chase problems and deficiencies.
That light you have is actually quite nice. The more I looked into its spectrum, the more I realized it was very balanced and had a few spectrums unique in itself. I am looking forward to hearing what your thoughts are at the end of this grow.

@MedCzech how long do you think my grow will run? Trying to work out which battles I can enter.

f6

I would say four weeks minimum, and probably more like five or six depending on the pheno you got. Hard to tell by the photos, but they will definitely beast out for sure. The spectrum having a lot of deep reds should help it finish well, and maybe it will finish up faster than I think.

Well you all have a good night. Not sure if I'll be helping put up the final outside screen in the morning while still waiting on the new shipment of hardware cloth for the inside of the patio deck.

Yep, I know the feeling. Often seems to be that way. When your growing environment gets sorted out, then grows are so much more fun and you can enjoy the strains and their differences versus chase problems and deficiencies.
That light you have is actually quite nice. The more I looked into its spectrum, the more I realized it was very balanced and had a few spectrums unique in itself. I am looking forward to hearing what your thoughts are at the end of this grow.

I can almost tell you now!

Having grown entire grows with 1k MH China hat and later 1k HPS China hat then a mix of 1k MH for veg and 1k HPS for flower.

You get the idea, circa 20 years ago.

This light is for me a HID growers wet dream!

Far more intense, cooler, less power. From what I can evaluate its like a cob with some red (3500k) but something going on with HID and stretch.. I dunno it has balls tho. It should finish fine, 1k MH buds work but it's not ideal. Don't rate that 600w Ceramic HPS, doesn't look right. Maybe with other lighting but not ideal.

I think the girls are actually somewhat on track despite trying to climb into the hood!

Tag me in also, must do more visiting!

f6

IMG_1822.JPG

Having grown entire grows with 1k MH China hat and later 1k HPS China hat then a mix of 1k MH for veg and 1k HPS for flower.

Far more intense, cooler, less power. From what I can evaluate its like a cob with some red (3500k) but something going on with HID and stretch.. I dunno it has balls tho. It should finish fine, 1k MH buds work but it's not ideal. Don't rate that 600w Ceramic HPS, doesn't look right. Maybe with other lighting but not ideal.

I think the girls are actually somewhat on track despite trying to climb into the hood!

f6

Your spectrum offers more in two ranges than most lights unless you get something special order. The 500 to 580 green spectrum and the 640 to 680 deep red spectrum are both very strong. If you go and study that a little, you will quickly see the benefit of these two.
Also the UV and IR are quite strong which should lead to more thc, resin production goes up, and other benefits as well. I just can't see how you can go wrong other than getting distance wrong from the canopy.

f6
Btw, can :dammit:you tell I am jealous..well, I am!

View attachment 943495

Your spectrum offers more in two ranges than most lights unless you get something special order. The 500 to 580 green spectrum and the 640 to 680 deep red spectrum are both very strong. If you go and study that a little, you will quickly see the benefit of these two.
Also the UV and IR are quite strong which should lead to more thc, resin production goes up, and other benefits as well. I just can't see how you can go wrong other than getting distance wrong from the canopy.

Yep, my research gave me the same theory, it did cost me to import the already expensive globe (now discontinued) I had 3 at one stage! I broke one

So 2x of these for me will equal approx 2 years of growing pretty much!

I do need to go to lower power tho soon!

f6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back