Status
Not open for further replies.
@912GreenSkell i have a couple of plants starting to foxtail is this just because it's warming up here? The days are only about 32c

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Hey, i doubt that 32 is the cause, but it might be a factor. The reason i say that is my indoor setup runs at 31 constantly 24/0 and i don't have any issues with foxtailing. Sometimes its just a strain expression. Are the foxtailers close to the end?

Just winding down now. Have my daughter packing up tonight and tomorrow as she'll be gone off to college on Tuesday. Not sure if I'll be tagging along to drop her off just yet. Plus getting closer to finishing off enclosing the patio deck.

How's the tower going? Should be almost done and electronics to wire in.

INdeed! Almost finished! Got just a bit to do on the second door(trim it!), and build a desk and then its onto setting up all of the security stuff...hope to be done construction tomorrow(with a bit of luck, might take a bit to build the desk)

We had a Bday party for our 70 year old friend tonight...busted out the specialty meat tonight, and cooked 2 beef brisket(remember we raise miniature cattle...LOL) as corned beef(been brining for several days)....yummy!! Was delicious!

Yeah mate they are coming to an end, so it's more likely a genetic thing? I chopped one yesterday it had started to foxtail quite severely with very lose bud structure!
Hey, i doubt that 32 is the cause, but it might be a factor. The reason i say that is my indoor setup runs at 31 constantly 24/0 and i don't have any issues with foxtailing. Sometimes its just a strain expression. Are they close to the end?

INdeed! Almost finished! Got just a bit to do on the second door(trim it!), and build a desk and then its onto setting up all of the security stuff...hope to be done construction tomorrow(with a bit of luck, might take a bit to build the desk)

We had a Bday party for our 70 year old friend tonight...busted out the specialty meat tonight, and cooked 2 beef brisket(remember we raise miniature cattle...LOL) as corned beef(been brining for several days)....yummy!! Was delicious!
Those dexters are nice. There is a place about 3hrs away that breeds them but they normally only sell the baby steers.

Yeah mate they are coming to an end, so it's more likely a genetic thing? I chopped one yesterday it had started to foxtail quite severely with very lose bud structure!

I look at foxtailing as a bit of free extra bud. Yes it could be heat related. But it can also be fertilizer related, and sometimes it just genetic expression. If its one or two out of several then it might be either a sensitivity to heat or simply expression. It gets pretty cold at night right? I doubt its heat related if that is the case

Those dexters are nice. There is a place about 3hrs away that breeds them but they normally only sell the baby steers.

We are crossing dexters(male) with highland/dexter cross females. Got a new bull this summer...well actually we got two...the first one was an agressive prick, so we decided to trade him out at a loss....good move. The new young dexter bull is super calm and awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back