Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey peeps :pass:id love a dynavap,but i think they ripping us off as they dropped the glass model at half the cost of the metal.im a glass lover i dont want metal.:pighug:
I hear you Archie so here is a link to the glass vapcap for £35 - https://upinsmoke.org.uk/Dynavap-VapCap-Original.html
I have a bit of glass and it does it's job great, the thing about the metal Dynavap's is the metal acts as a heatsink and draws the heat out of the vapor, with the Titanium cooling the vapor a bit more than the stainless steel "M".
The other alternative id to go for the Dynap Vong designed for use in a bong , they have a wooden outer but still have the metal condenser in the middle.
Dynavap are always trying to improve their product, which is why they are moving on from glass Dynacap.
Having said this Dynavap are a very progressive company and love to hear feedback from customers, I'm sure they would appreciate any feedback you have.
They are so easy going that they don't even mind 3rd parties making Dynavap bodies and selling them as they only see it as people loving their product and may even be happy to work with those 3rd parties.
I may even write to them and suggest a Quartz Dynacap but maybe using the Titanium cooling fins seeing as you have to heat the vapcap in any case. I dunno if it is possible but a quartz glass moulded into the same shape as the omnivap, with it's multifaceted exterior would look sooo good!
Dynavap have a weekly live show on youtube and any suggestion could be posted there and may even be discussed live?

Good morning everyone! (by 6 minutes LOL) :pass:Sun's out again...

You could try Root's Honey Tincture? https://www.autoflower.org/threads/roots-honey-tincture.65760/

Number 3 or 4 cup of tea, either are acceptable to me. Dunk rich teas only (ginger nuts in coffee).

I do Devonshire plus (that's what I'm calling it) which is scone, butter, clotted cream then jam on top. No preference for strawberry, anything that's high in fruit works for me although berries are best in my opinion. Extra thick double cream also works instead of the clotted.

Good morning Elle (although the sun is past the yardarm for us, at the time of my answer lol)
Good choice of tea strength (it's shows us your a proper British woman!):biggrin::d5:
Rich tea a good choice too!!! but makes me think your a West country girl living in the East!
Now to the Ginger nuts, they are fantastic in tea but coffee....? Well that's a new one on me and I'm sure if you say it is good , then it is exactly that.
The thing about coffee is I never found that coffee was quite as good at getting the biscuit soggy, do you know what I mean?
By this I mean in a timely manner, it seems to me that coffee always took longer to get the desired result!
These days this is all academic to me as sadly I am no longer allowed to eat "Discs of Death" AKA Biscuits, for health reasons.

OMG a devonshire with butter and cream wooo way to go girl, Black Currant Jam is my go to on a scone and I totally agree with the extra thick double cream.
Whipped double cream or whipping cream also works, once you've put some air into it.
A quick question to our American chums.. "Do you guys have Clotted Cream"?
Clotted Cream is cream that has been very gently heated so that a good part of the water content is evaporated so it becomes very thick with a butter like crust.
images
Clotted Cream mmmmm sooo good!

Scones are in some ways similar to American Biscuits. Scones are considerably "shorter" (higher proportion of fat to flour) than American biscuits, which are more of a bread. ... The main difference is that a British scone is served with butter or clotted cream and jam. American biscuits are more often served with savoury dishes.

Scones how to make them.
Ingredients
  • 75g (2 1⁄2 oz) butter, chilled and cut into cubes, plus extra for greasing
  • 350g (12oz) self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
  • 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
  • 30g (1oz) caster sugar
  • 75g (2 1⁄2oz) sultanas
  • About 150ml (5fl oz) milk
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
Method
Preheat the oven to 220°C (fan 200°C/425°F/Gas 7). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.

Put the flour and baking powder into a large chilled mixing bowl. Add the cubes of butter, keeping all the ingredients as cold as possible.

Rub in lightly and quickly with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and sultanas.

Pour 100ml (31⁄2fl oz) of the milk and all but 2 tablespoons of the beaten egg into the flour mixture.

Mix together with a round-bladed knife to a soft, but not too sticky dough, adding a bit more milk if needed to mop up any dry bits of mixture in the bottom of the bowl.

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface, lightly knead just a few times only until gathered together, then gently roll and pat out to form a rectangle about 2cm (3⁄4in) deep.

Cut out as many rounds as possible from the first rolling with a 6cm (21⁄2in) cutter (a plain cutter is easier to use than a fluted one) and lay them on the baking sheet, spaced slightly apart.

Gather the trimmings, then roll and cut out again. Repeat until you have 10 scones.

Brush the tops of the scones with the reserved egg. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until risen and golden.

Remove and cool on a wire rack.

Per serving

Calories: 238
Saturated fat: 5g
Unsaturated fat: 4g

Now everyone can enjoy a British Cream Tea and believe me it tastes divine, if anyone does make one please show us a pic.:headbang:

Cheers Arty nice find:pass:i had been looking and looking for the glass but assumed they stopped making them as nobody stocked them.
Always a pleasure to lend a hand brother.
I did a lot of looking around weighing up the options and I will be getting one of these as well as nonavong in time or I may just buy interchangeable parts so I can change my Omnivap into a Vong.
Other places that do the original glass vapcaps are -
https://azarius.net/vaporizers/flame-vaporizers/vaporizer-vapcap-original/
https://www.vapospy.co.uk/p/vapcap-original
https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizers/portable_vaporizers/vapcap-original/
https://www.vapefully.com/product/vapcap-original/
I have included these extra links just in case you run in to a dead end etc, which has happened to me with various products over the years and that's why I'm a belt and braces kind of a guy and never rely on one source!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back