Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's important for the tincture makers among us to know that they can change concentration on a whim. Either add or boil off more alcohol to get it where you want it.

I like to boil each batch to the same volume and use the same amount of weed(unless i know the weed has inferior crystal)..it allows me to have a controlled example to compare other strains effects to.

I like to boil each batch to the same volume and use the same amount of weed(unless i know the weed has inferior crystal)..it allows me to have a controlled example to compare other strains effects to.
With all due respect, if you do not know exactly what is in the plant, you also have no ability to know what has been extracted from it. Until we have a way to accurately measure that, there will never be a control to base experiments on.

Its interesting.....green dragon made from everclear = CRAZY NASTY
green dragon made from 190proof Graves grain alcohol = NOT NEARLY AS NASTY AS EVERCLEAR!!!

That depends!! If you choose a 70 day strain because you are planning a vacation in 100 days, then its unlucky and unfortunate if the plant goes 120!! :D All depends on the situation, whether a long running plan is a benefit or a curse. I would rather see 70-100 days on a breeder quoted time, if thats what folks are showing through their grows. But again...is it the conditions of the grow or some unknown variable(s) that makes some growers consistently have longer running plants?

Ok, I'll chime in here. I think it has something to do with the light spectrum growers use. The new led spectrums and light intensities out on the market now are so much different when these strains were produced, and wehave no idea what lights they were grown under when they gave us the time frame.

When I turn on my hps and run that, I almost always finish on time, but when I use the led lights, sometimes I go over on the time. I am running different led lights in the tent. I notice that some of the plants finish on time and some go long. You are correct though, that the plants that go long are always monster plants that run over 200 grams per plant every time, but volume is never my goal.

I am doing some unofficial research now around this subject, because I am now in the mode of wanting to chase elite phenos. Been doing it in photos for years, and now I am enjoying the challenge on autos.

I think it has something to do with the lights man! Any feedback would be great from other growers and what they think could contribute.

Ripping another joint, first one gave a little kick so maybe all good. Still a bit moist so not grinding up or smoking very well.

I'll just pad it out with the least offensive bag weed nugs I can find

Later stoners this last bowl of Blue cheese hash topped with some keif and Im toast have a good 1 :baked: maybe not :LOLStoned:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back