Status
Not open for further replies.
a lot of folks keep seeds in fridge so :shrug: eveinging matt :pass:cheers arty :pass:full cuppa tea life is good,could be up to my ears in trimming but il leave that to you,nice lookin bushes :thumbsup:
:pighug:
You're not wrong there brother in order to keep seeds viable for longer, keeping at a stable cool temperature in a fridge and the seeds in air/waterproof bags with as much air expelled as possible, will mean they remain viable longer.
iWumbo wanted to know what temp to germinate them at, the ideal temperature is between 22° and 25° Celsius or 72F -77F and that will see your young ladies reaching for the light and growing big and strong. I personally use 24C and I keep it constant by using a thermostatically controlled heat pad/propagator.

Cheers for the kind words on me bushes, they were a pleasure to grow. I will be be writing a "How To" on my grow style in the near future as I have been asked how I do it.
Thankfully my trimming is over now, I hate trimming, so in the future I think I will invest in a "Trim Pro" or a set of "Bonsai Hero" electric trimmers.
Seeing as the Trippy Gorilla's are a Auto version of Gorilla Glue [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] the trim has a good amount of resin on it and will probably be used for Glycerin tincture and canna coconut oil.
I prefer canna butter but I have veggie and vegan friends so canna coconut oil is acceptable to everyone (except me but I have a tone of buds so who cares)!

Hey brother
When giving advice "Thinking something should be alright" is not a good idea, especially when the advice given isn't correct.
We all have the internet so please research before giving advice, seeds left in cold wet condition can kill of seeds, seeds which we pay good money for.
I applaud anyone who wants to lend a hand but please make sure your advice is good advice or you may ruin someone's day!
The ideal temperature is between 22° and 25° Celsius or 72F -77F and that will see your young ladies reaching for the light and growing big and strong. I personally use 24C and I keep it constant by using a thermostatically controlled heat pad/propagator.

No disagreement there, as such, but if we're talking about a "one off" incident before, as I understood the post, the seedling breaking through the dirt then it's a different scenario to them being exposed to these temps regularly throughout the early stages which certainly would not be "a good thing".

Hey brother
When giving advice "Thinking something should be alright" is not a good idea, especially when the advice given isn't correct.
We all have the internet so please research before giving advice, seeds left in cold wet condition can kill of seeds, seeds which we pay good money for.
I applaud anyone who wants to lend a hand but please make sure your advice is good advice or you may ruin someone's day!
The ideal temperature is between 22° and 25° Celsius or 72F -77F and that will see your young ladies reaching for the light and growing big and strong. I personally use 24C and I keep it constant by using a thermostatically controlled heat pad/propagator.
Wasn't giving advice. He didn't ask if he should do this, he said it already happened and was asking if others thought the outcome would be OK.
I always appreciate good advice, so thank you for your input. I've also found it's a good idea to read something a couple times and make sure what is being said before I jump in with correcting people.

Happy growing!

Wasn't giving advice. He didn't ask if he should do this, he said it already happened and was asking if others thought the outcome would be OK.
I always appreciate good advice, so thank you for your input. I've also found it's a good idea to read something a couple times and make sure what is being said before I jump in with correcting people.

Happy growing!

Couldn't have said it better myself, @Baphomatt

1L trio JD,OB,FS day 19.JPG

jammy dodgers,orange biscuits,forgotthe strawberries
:pighug:

No disagreement there, as such, but if we're talking about a "one off" incident before, as I understood the post, the seedling breaking through the dirt then it's a different scenario to them being exposed to these temps regularly throughout the early stages which certainly would not be "a good thing".
Seeds and seedlings are delicate, they need what makes them happy.
Temps of 55F - 60F will not keep them happy, yes they may recover and get on with life normally but any set back might just be too much to recover from.
In a properly controlled environment they will get the best start they can.
Have I ever killed seeds? yes i have and in order not to do that again I make sure the same mistakes don't happen again.
I learned from my mistakes many years ago and I now pass that on in the hope others won't suffer the same loss as I experienced.
I gave the best advice for growing from seed to seedling and the correct temperature range for that.
Anyone can do as they please but guessing something will be ok is only a guess.
It matters not what someone guesses, as it will make no difference to whether the seeds survive or not.
Giving empirical data of the correct temperature to grow seedlings, gives the grower the best chance of germination and good continued growth.
When you know the parameters within which to grow/germinate , you can then make sure you keep within those parameters.
If someone says a window was open and temps were 55F - 60F there is a whole lot of other variables not being taken into account and as such how would any of us know the answer to whether they will be ok!
iWumbo liked my advice and we know each other well from the Portal, so I would hope this is the end of this discussion now.:vibe:
I wish you happy growing and much love :bighug::pass:
Arty:smoking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back