Status
Not open for further replies.
:coffee: hello people hope everyone is doing well on this fine day. Quick question, is 55-60° to cold for seedlings? I planted some seeds in dirt last night and I left my window open. It got down to like 60-55 degrees. Do yall think the seeds will be fine or should I pop some replacement
That temp range should be fine. That's about what the outdoor spring temps run in temperate zones so you should be good to go, I would think.

Yeah it was one time thing. :smokeout: I'll wait a few days before popping some more:greenthumb:

Personally, although someone might know better, I can't see a problem. I mean, you're talking about temps that they would experience "in the wild" and the Ruderalis part is pretty damn hardy, so that one night shouldn't have had any effect, imo.

Had they been in flower, that could be a different matter although some strains can seemingly be quite happy flowering at lower temps than you put the seeds through for one night.

:coffee: hello people hope everyone is doing well on this fine day. Quick question, is 55-60° to cold for seedlings? I planted some seeds in dirt last night and I left my window open. It got down to like 60-55 degrees. Do yall think the seeds will be fine or should I pop some replacement
Hey hey brother @iWumbo I find 24C/75.2 F is an excellent seed germination temp.
I use a heated propagator with a thermal probe/controller to keep them at the right temp here in the chilly UK.
I don't have a boiler or other such warm spots in my house which is an old drafty victorian house, so extra controlled warmth needs to be created other ways.
DSCN4084 (FILEminimizer).JPG

Here I am germinating some seeds in Rootit! horticultural sponges.
The top right sponge has the thermal sensing probe in it, the controller is set to 24C and keep them at this temp so they get a good start in life.
I put the probe in a sponge so I know it is exactly the right temp inside the other sponges, I keep the control sponge watered as I would the other sponges to guarantee the temp is the same!
In the summer months using this method is not necessary as the ambient room temp is around 24C/75.2F
upload_2018-10-15_19-42-13.jpeg
this is the Rootit thermal controller, other thermal controllers are available.
55f - 60f is too chilly the ideal temperature is between 72F -77F or 22° and 25° Celsius in metric

Last edited:
That temp range should be fine. That's about what the outdoor spring temps run in temperate zones so you should be good to go, I would think.
Hey brother
When giving advice "Thinking something should be alright" is not a good idea, especially when the advice given isn't correct.
We all have the internet so please research before giving advice, seeds left in cold wet condition can kill of seeds, seeds which we pay good money for.
I applaud anyone who wants to lend a hand but please make sure your advice is good advice or you may ruin someone's day!
The ideal temperature is between 22° and 25° Celsius or 72F -77F and that will see your young ladies reaching for the light and growing big and strong. I personally use 24C and I keep it constant by using a thermostatically controlled heat pad/propagator.

Hey brother
When giving advice "Thinking something should be alright" is not a good idea, especially when the advice given isn't correct.
We all have the internet so please research before giving advice, seeds left in cold wet condition can kill of seeds, seeds which we pay good money for.
I applaud anyone who wants to lend a hand but please make sure your advice is good advice or you may ruin someone's day!
The ideal temperature is between 22° and 25° Celsius or 72F -77F and that will see your young ladies reaching for the light and growing big and strong. I personally use 24C and I keep it constant by using a thermostatically controlled heat pad/propagator.
I think you missed the beginning, the question was about them accidently being left with a window open. No one is suggesting to do that normally.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back