Status
Not open for further replies.
We Test everything on AFN..if it turned into a pitch battle we'd just close it.

We've seen how it can get even in staff sections when we let in political talk......But....you cannot talk about legalisation or not without including politics.

It is up to the Users to keep it Respectful...:headbang:..and if they can't..we'd close it.

Free Speech is a moot point. You don't have Free Speech on a forum..every forum has their own set of Rules and if you break the rules..you are out.

Been there..done that..and got me ass kicked out...:headbang:

Any "pure politics" section would turn into a pitched battle in short order, you would be amazed at how some who seem to be perfectly rational turn completely rabid at great speed if one word they deem to be "wrong" is said, so that's why I'm glad there isn't such a section.

As far as the "politics of legalisation" goes, well, we do speak about that BUT it's the politics in general and not specific parties and their policies. As soon as that changes, it turns into open warfare in my experience.

And regarding the "free speech" point, when it comes to politics then the more vocal will tell you how wrong you are for stifling their opinion irrespective of the site rules.

So, personally, any "politics" section would be very detrimental to this place and shouldn't be considered in the first case.

:crying: Morning @arty zan :bighug:..the Family across the Pond have no sense of Humour about politics like we do in the UK.

They take it Very seriously...you can't take the P about politics in the staff room....as I have Learned.

And...if they are US..they are usually armed...:shooty:..so I keep me toes out of it...

Yeah, they don't understand the bit about how the problem with political jokes is that they keep getting elected... :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back