Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make charcoal briqettes for your bar-b-que these days, out of dookie....my mate did it, everyone who went to his bbq said the grill was fantastically hot......but it was a pity his burgers tasted like shit..lol:crying:

Back in the old days in the US, people cooked over dried buffalo or cow dung out on the Great Plains 'cause there was no wood around. What goes around, comes around!

Back in the old days in the US, people cooked over dried buffalo or cow dung out on the Great Plains 'cause there was no wood around. What goes around, comes around!
Dude I hope I miss that one when it comes back haha:crying:

Here are some shots of my Dark Devil.....she is at Day 50 and is still on Mega Crop........have not added the canna poop as yet!

IMG_3661.jpg
IMG_3661.jpg
IMG_3663.jpg
IMG_3662.jpg

Which is why I asked him what he thought an "average" DIY cob build would be!!

Christ, this is like pulling teeth. We KNOW that assorted premade LED lights have such a variance in capabilities it is beyond belief, but this was a question over a traditional HPS vs COB when the "person concerned" could not even define what he meant by an "average" COB build.

Now, as stated, an HPS with a MAGNETIC ballast, not ELECTRONIC, produces circa 0.9 µmol/w which is less than the HC4.

With me so far? Good.

Then an ACTUAL comparison, and you can read exactly what they used, proved that similar wattage over a defined coverage gave a 131% increase in µmol/w when wattage and actual footprint was equal when using CObs. That one does not need Einstein to figure out, does it.

But, like the previous person, you are ignoring the VERY important link that gives you the factual data showing the difference and are quibbling over minor details which ignore the bottom line of the "other person's" declared definition regarding µmol/w and how even the HC4 produces MORE µmol/w when compared to an HPS with a magnetic ballast.

Now, and I'm sorry for the language used, if fuckwits cannot even define the parameters they want to use for comparison, even when asked to do so, then you will get multiple examples regarding the one, dodgy, figure he used.

The data is clear, it has been explained, and, once more, if you think that LED is somehow less efficient than HID despite so much less energy being converted to pure heat I would like to see the REAL data proving that, for I have provided a clear example of how, watt for watt, COB's can produce 131% more µmol/w, which was the figure he wanted.

You want to prove that wrong, be my guest.
Aww get aff yer high horse for fuck sake!!
Its an open forum, if you just want to spout your own shite in private then send the guy a direct message!
You supplied one link to show how a "classic" (old style, in other words) hps setup is less efficient than a "high performance" ( new technology) cree cob setup. This is one test with only two products, hardly gospel now is it!
Plus you still havent enlightened us with your neverending knowledge as to how the shitey old 400w magnetic hps set up gives out more PPFD than the equivalent 400w hc4's. And this is using the data that YOU supplied in your post.

Aww get aff yer high horse for fuck sake!!
Its an open forum, if you just want to spout your own shite in private then send the guy a direct message!
You supplied one link to show how a "classic" (old style, in other words) hps setup is less efficient than a "high performance" ( new technology) cree cob setup. This is one test with only two products, hardly gospel now is it!
Plus you still havent enlightened us with your neverending knowledge as to how the shitey old 400w magnetic hps set up gives out more PPFD than the equivalent 400w hc4's. And this is using the data that YOU supplied in your post.

Guys, come on.........this isn't necessary........please???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back