Status
Not open for further replies.
I can attest to this as I was also at a college yesterday and with the chilly 50 degree weather they still walk around with shorts so short and shirts to match.

Pfft. 50° and in shorts? Lightweights.

I enjoy making people feel cold as I walk around in shorts, t-shirt and sneakers when it's sub-zero in centigrade, or under 32°F in proper money. My normal "lowest" is 21°F, or -6°C...

It's quite feasible given how much of these "HID watts" are turned into heat and not light. And the "600w" is what the potential is IF the led was driven at maximum power, not what they claim the equivalent is, as, for example, the Mars Eco 600 claims to replace a 250w HID whilst pulling 235w (not much of an initial saving but when you start adding on the costs of replacing bulbs every year...), the Pro II 600 replaces a 400w HID whilst pulling a similar 235 or so watts, and so on.

I mean, are you disputing that, say, an 8.5w Philips A19 led replacement bulb puts out as much light as a 60w incandescent? It's the same thing, the incandescent converts a LOT of that electrical energy into heat energy, which is no use as lighting, hence why they, the incandescent, are so inefficient they're being banned in various lands? The devil is in the detail and the BIG saving is in the conversion of electricity to heat, meaning more energy is turned into light meaning MUCH better efficiency.

The misleading part is when you see them claiming "600w" but barely being driven hard enough to out shine a candle, which is why I said previously that the "grow light" market was a minefield and, after completely confusing the crap out of myself with the numbers, I decided NOT to buy a Mars or any other "branded" grow light and stick to what I know with DIY led's.

There’s some new hps technology out aswell....

Pfft. 50° and in shorts? Lightweights.

I enjoy making people feel cold as I walk around in shorts, t-shirt and sneakers when it's sub-zero in centigrade, or under 32°F in proper money. My normal "lowest" is 21°F, or -6°C...

It’s all them girls in yoga pants that keeps there blood flowing lol

It’s all them girls in yoga pants that keeps there blood flowing lol

Keeps my blood flowing strong!! :D :D :D

Oh skelly I bought some, lemon juice express from Humboldt see how that goes. 80 percent indica with Jack Herer gentics.

I also bought some girl court cookies from fast buds, spoused too be excellent for pain.

Cool stuff...i am looking forward to trying out some HSO...have a few strains warmed up for the winter run(Blue dream auto) and summer run(Sapphire Mango and Ewe-2)

You're too kind Skelly! :bighug: I have to get caught up at your place and Wairas... I'm just now trying to get caught up on notifications lol

I'm doing much better thank you! Nice to have some free time to get on here! Care to join me in some Appalachian Libation?

View attachment 957979

Drink that stuff and you realise why the Indians went on the warpath.

You need the real thing, some proper uisge-beatha, the "Water of Life"...

m53170.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back