Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaahhh,I see.How is it?
My brother bought a bunch of cheap (300w power usage.)Chinese leds..he has them all still in the box,unused in his lock-up.Because nuff people told him they would be shite.
The individual cobs will have a max power rating but they never recieve anywhere close to it! Most of the cobs in these types of lights only use 50w of power each so multiply this by six ( the number of cobs in the unit ) and you get 300w actual power.
The manufacturer will say its a 1800w unit because that is the theoretical total power input.

Aaahhh,I see.How is it?
My brother bought a bunch of cheap (300w power usage.)Chinese leds..he has them all still in the box,unused in his lock-up.Because nuff people told him they would be shite.
The individual cobs will have a max power rating but they never recieve anywhere close to it! Most of the cobs in these types of lights only use 50w of power each so multiply this by six ( the number of cobs in the unit ) and you get 300w actual power.
The manufacturer will say its a 1800w unit because that is the theoretical total power input.

Here goes...Gonna ask the misses her permission to set up my tiny baby tent..
just a couple plants...I promise.
Man,I’m scared.
I don’t think shes gonna go for it after the intruder fiasco

Well this is whats goin on in my tent tonight:cheers:
20181005_172928.jpg

Back in action....woot!

Trying hard not to clog up the board. It's hard. I'm off work, have the house to myself for about 8 more hours, and I'm feeling all kinds of unnecessary. I will say - if you haven't tried Lodi Dodi and you can grab some (especially any folks in the U.S. Pacific Northwest) try it! (Unless you don't like Sativas at all. Then give it a pass.)

That’s a lot of wattage.Doesnt that cost a fortune to run for a fairly small coverage area?..

The real wattage that pulls from the plug is probably 1/3 or less of the 1800W........my power bill went up about $20/month but I run it 24/0 as part of my keep it simple, stupid campaign. As hot as it has been here this summer, this increase should fly under the radar if any.

Last edited:
Here goes...Gonna ask the misses her permission to set up my tiny baby tent..
just a couple plants...I promise.
Man,I’m scared.
I don’t think shes gonna go for it after the intruder fiasco

There's always an angle to start with that leads to the right place. Not knowing her, I can't say. Could be saving money, known quality of meds, having a commodity available for trade/sale if needed. etc... If I know what was important to her, I could devise you a good offensive strategy. I will add though, that if you approach her as if you already know what she will say, and seem defensive from the get go. You lose.

If you have the nuts for it, you could pull an 'inception' style manipulation wherre she thinks it was her idea. LOL..:smoking::d5::coffee:

Last edited:
Aaahhh,I see.How is it?

OM, your brother shouldn't be so hasty.......although these are not expensive "boutique" lights a lot of them will definitely get the job done! People need to read the reviews carefully and then choose wisely. I wish I had a nickel for every oz of good smoke grown under cheap Chinese LEDs!

OM, your brother shouldn't be so hasty.......although these are not expensive "boutique" lights a lot of them will definitely get the job done! People need to read the reviews carefully and then choose wisely. I wish I had a nickel for every oz of good smoke grown under cheap Chinese LEDs!
I know...I have offered to try them out for him.He is the opposite end of the growing spectrum to me...He is all about Big lights and expensive chemicals I favour sunlight(where possible)and a more natural,sympathetic approach to growing my herbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back