Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, popping seeds is officially the most stressful part of a grow for me. I've got 2 of 3 samsquanch OGs that didn't pop. The one that did isn't looking the best. Fortunately I've got 2 SODKs that were a little stretchy to start but look great.

I think I'm gonna stop using the paper towel to jiffy puck method, and try something else. What do you all have the most success with? Are the rapid rooters or root riot things pretty good? I don't think I'm interested in rockwool.

Whelp, I'm going to smoke this bud up. I don't know the name of the strain, I don't know the name of the breeder, in fact, it might not even be weed. :crying:
20180323_102717.jpg

Welp, popping seeds is officially the most stressful part of a grow for me. I've got 2 of 3 samsquanch OGs that didn't pop. The one that did isn't looking the best. Fortunately I've got 2 SODKs that were a little stretchy to start but look great.

I think I'm gonna stop using the paper towel to jiffy puck method, and try something else. What do you all have the most success with? Are the rapid rooters or root riot things pretty good? I don't think I'm interested in rockwool.

First, never use jiffy pots with autos, the taproot will get caught in the netting and become damaged or stunted, which will stunt the plant.

I prefer to go caveman style, put the seed right in the moist soil in the pot you plan to grow in. If you insist, you can soak the seeds for 12-24 hours (ph 6.5 water), but don't wait for the root to show, you'll end up damaging the root or burying the seed upside down if you do.

First, never use jiffy pots with autos, the taproot will get caught in the netting and become damaged or stunted, which will stunt the plant.

I prefer to go caveman style, put the seed right in the moist soil in the pot you plan to grow in. If you insist, you can soak the seeds for 12-24 hours (ph 6.5 water), but don't wait for the root to show, you'll end up damaging the root or burying the seed upside down if you do.
Ah, I should clarify, I'm doing DWC with hydroton in 6" netpots right now. Should I go ahead and try to strip the netting off of seedlings that are growing? It might be tough, since there are roots pushed through them and down into the res already on 2. And the other has roots creeping into the hydroton, but slowly. I think I'm seeing the stunting you're talking about.

I am using an ridiculous amount of Mega- Crop !! 1.06 grams in 2 litres of water for my seedlings . :biggrin: At this rate of consumption I'm going to have to live another 80 years to use up 9.9 kg of this stuff or turn the basement into one huge grow room :rofl: I don't think the landlady's going to buy that one . :nono:

But I do think I'm going to skip on soaking the seeds at all. I just wanna put them in some sort of medium for suspension in the hydroton. I don't trust the hydroton to keep a good hold on the seedling for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back