Status
Not open for further replies.
wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etymology_of_cannabis

It was originally from Sanskrit, but the intermediate language family was Scythian, which is an Iranian dialect derived from sanskrit.
Correct! The plant name Cannabis is from Greekκάνναβις (kánnabis), via Latincannabis,[1] originally a Scythian or Thracian word,[2] also loaned into Persian as kanab. English hemp (Old Englishhænep) may be an early loan (predating Grimm's Law) from the same Scythian source.

Wow man, the Scythians have more history than I thought. They were all over the place in Asia. They are mentioned by Shakepsear in "King Lear" as cannibals. LOL Maybe he meant to say Kannabis.

Thanks for the Rep!

FESTIVUS!!!!!!!

fest.png

Last edited:
:crying::crying::crying: it's an Urban dictionary term, and every article about it was from the same source. lol. 'scromiting' screaming and vomiting.... as in 'I walked in on my grandma screwing my best friend and I ran to the bathroom [HASHTAG]#scromiting[/HASHTAG]"
A mental image I shall be spending the afternoon scrubbing from my brain! :nono:

Wish i could share it with you guys, but alas i cannot seem to find it on youtube.......if you dig hendrix, do yourself a favour and get the stages San Diego concert....red house put shivers down my spine nearly the whole song...seriously awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back