New Grower CTb1's DP autoColorado cookies and DP auto mazar journal

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
White widow
What's up everyone I'm here today to show you my current project. I've never grown autos before and I've never really grown in general.
I have 2 mazars and 4 cookies in 5gal smart pots.

Here's what my setup is:
-Fox farms ocean forest soil
-Fox farms trio (grow,bloom,tiger)
-GH subculture
-4 by 4 foot tent
-Ph/TDS meter
- 2 280 true watt LEDs
-C02 "pads"
- 4 inch inline fan/filter
Currently the 2 mazars are 7 days from germination and the cookies are 11 days I've been giving them chlorine free tap water pH'd to 6.0 and with a ppm of 120. Still no nutes. 20/4 schedule.

Any suggestions on improvements to be made? When should I start feeding them liquid nutes and any feeding schedule anyone can recommend?
2017-04-25_17.40.36.jpg

2017-04-25_17.33.29.jpg
2017-04-25_17.35.31.jpg
2017-04-25_17.41.09.jpg
Thank you for your input in advanced.

Subbed! :pop::pop::pop:
Nice setup, CT!
A few things I would think about:
Something under your gals to hold runoff, an some cheap wire racks to keep the bottom of your pots above that discharge.
For soil, elevate your target pH, shoot for the neighborhood of 6.5.
LED lights usually increase the demand for calcium and magnesium.
I use General Organics CaMg+ because it doesn't have nitrogen added (double check first, rumor is that GO was bought out and now contains N). I prefer supplements without added N, you don't always need or want more.
Keep a close eye for pH issues, especially with FF of soil. Unless they've corrected the problem, FF has had some serious issues with pH buffering. Pay attention for signs of Ca, Mg, P and K in particular. If you look at the stickies in this forum, aquaint yourself with the plant diagnostics articles.
Lastly for now :crying:, be sure to include a regular fan for good air movement, and a way to check humidity and temps.
I'm such a gassbag! :smoking:
Reps for hitting the ground running! :slap:

Yes I have a hydrometer and a small clip on fan blowing on them all the time. You can't see them in the pics lol. My run off has been like 6.2 so I guess I'm lucky with the soil.
Will I need CalMag if growing in FF cause it's loaded with nutes already? Also do they look good for 11 day? There is already some side branching starting to form. Thanks buddy

Yes I have a hydrometer and a small clip on fan blowing on them all the time. You can't see them in the pics lol. My run off has been like 6.2 so I guess I'm lucky with the soil.
Will I need CalMag if growing in FF cause it's loaded with nutes already? Also do they look good for 11 day? There is already some side branching starting to form. Thanks buddy
You will, I can almost guarantee, need CaMg, and I bet pretty soon. LEDs are very intense and really seem to ramp up the need. IMHO that should be on your shelf right now.:biggrin:
Runoff pH is not a very good indicator of what your soil is doing. A must have item in my war bag is my pH pen (I use an ECO2, cheap but accurate) for pHing my water before and after adding nutes. On my must get list is an Accurate 8 pH soil meter (google it), again not real spendy but some of the top growers on site use them to see exactly where their soil is at.
Your gals look good to me, but it's almost impossible to tell with the LED light. Get in the habit of taking at least some pics under natural or at least normal light, that way any problems are easier to spot and address. :thumbsup:

What's up everyone I'm here today to show you my current project. I've never grown autos before and I've never really grown in general.
I have 2 mazars and 4 cookies in 5gal smart pots.

Here's what my setup is:
-Fox farms ocean forest soil
-Fox farms trio (grow,bloom,tiger)
-GH subculture
-4 by 4 foot tent
-Ph/TDS meter
- 2 280 true watt LEDs
-C02 "pads"
- 4 inch inline fan/filter
Currently the 2 mazars are 7 days from germination and the cookies are 11 days I've been giving them chlorine free tap water pH'd to 6.0 and with a ppm of 120. Still no nutes. 20/4 schedule.

Any suggestions on improvements to be made? When should I start feeding them liquid nutes and any feeding schedule anyone can recommend? View attachment 740188
View attachment 740189 View attachment 740190 View attachment 740191 Thank you for your input in advanced.
:pop: subbed
Happy growing! :vibe: :vibes::vibe:

Hey Looking good..First Yeas for sure ..Listen to us ..Get some cal/mag . and drip pans. also I like the pot but i dont like to move them around it messes up the roots so be careful . They look good for their age ..I would just feed water and cal/mag .. you have fresh soil . will take a while for the plan to eat through it. Water around the outside of the stem make the roots look for the water.

Last edited:
welcome aboard mate. think ill sub up for this one.i was considering the mazar before settling on the ultimate so itl be nice to see them grow. ive seen both strains produce some pretty scary results so brace yourself ! theyre looking good so far and if you hit this right your tents gonna burst lol. the guys and gals on here are an awesome bunch and will all help you along any way we can. is that first model mars lights? or one of the similar chinese models? its looks like mine. id get some grow specs aswell mate. aswell as saving your sight you can put them over the camera lens to stop you moving your plants to take photos. happy growing buddy. keep it green :woody:

Last edited:
I'm hoping it does explode Scotsman lol yeah I have a 600w old style Mars and a 1200w Chinese model that's mostly red. What do u mean by grow specs? N yeah I try not to move them I usually just get inside the tent hahaha.

I'll post some pics up later or tomorrow of new progress.

I'm hoping it does explode Scotsman lol yeah I have a 600w old style Mars and a 1200w Chinese model that's mostly red. What do u mean by grow specs? N yeah I try not to move them I usually just get inside the tent hahaha.

I'll post some pics up later or tomorrow of new progress.
aye, thought it was the same as mine. my other is also a brandless chinese one. i got mars glasses on special offer for 20 quid but been told any decent polarized sunglasses will do. not good to be looking at that light mate. looking good though man. cant wait to see how this turns out. regarding the nute schedule you can google and get one from foxfarm directly. use it as a guide tho. each strain has different requirements that youl pick up on along the way. as a general rule always start small and work up. if you start at 10-20% and up your nutes by a small amount each week or 2 itll be a lot easier to fix any problems that arise regarding the feed.

Back