New Grower Critical Purple (A)

I was wrong about the smell, the fan was just keeping me from noticing it.

The buds are flytrap sticky, and smell like sweet blueberry.

JCC01376.jpg

Added more ties. Pulling apart, trying to prevent rot.

I would have done more earlier to prepare, but this is my first time with an auto, and I really had no clue how little time I had to sculpt

Commercially, fast autos might be the thing, but artistically, I'm going to be looking at strains with longer cycle times.

I'm used to growing 7 footers, and all along to m telling myself " when it stretches, it'll spread out enough" Well, it ain't gonna stretch. I probably stunted it at some point in ignorance.

I'm researching proper dry and cure.

More trichrome shots in the next few days/weeks as they start to cloud over. I tend to harvest a little early for a more effervescent buzz.

IMG_20220308_084931__01.jpg
IMG_20220308_084942__01.jpg
IMG_20220308_084953__01.jpg

Added more ties. Pulling apart, trying to prevent rot.

I would have done more earlier to prepare, but this is my first time with an auto, and I really had no clue how little time I had to sculpt

Commercially, fast autos might be the thing, but artistically, I'm going to be looking at strains with longer cycle times.

I'm used to growing 7 footers, and all along to m telling myself " when it stretches, it'll spread out enough" Well, it ain't gonna stretch. I probably stunted it at some point in ignorance.

I'm researching proper dry and cure.

More trichrome shots in the next few days/weeks as they start to cloud over. I tend to harvest a little early for a more effervescent buzz.

View attachment 1428976View attachment 1428977View attachment 1428978
Some strains are just like that. If they haven't really stretched much by the time they are really in flower they're just not going to, especially this far along. Not a bad thing, and not necessarily anything you did wrong, some strains are just built that way. Structure wise this looks pretty similar to my sour stomper. I'm not familiar with the strain but that may just be her genetics. I don't mind this structure as every plant I've grown that shaped up like this has had nice dense colas top to bottom, which looks like exactly what's going on here. I wouldn't be super concerned about larf blocking the airflow as it looks pretty minimal, but if you wanted to take off some more of her remaining fan leaves that may help. As long as you're in a safe VPD for flower you shouldn't have a huge risk of br even with them being dense.

The only leaves are whats coming from the buds.

Currently at 65H, 74F

Its genetics are Big Bud x Critical Mass.

The only leaves are whats coming from the buds.

Currently at 65H, 74F

Its genetics are Big Bud x Critical Mass.
You'll want to try to get your temp up a smidgen or your humidity down a touch. I like to shoot for 80*/60% as it seems to keep everyone happy with running plants of different ages.

Here's a couple examples of the squat but buds from top to bottom structure I've come across.

Plus a pic of my current girl who is shaped similarly.
20220312_143856.jpg

Personally, I've found I prefer a more open structured, larger plant, but with similar bud action. Closest I've come to finding that was with this girl below.

Oh if you click the orange arrow it will open that post so you don't have to open each pic individually btw.

At 79F the upper leaves curled, and tips burnt. This one just doesn't want more.

Switched to kelp4less bloom 3 days ago, and the next morning new fresh green leaves are sprouting on top, and new light yellow pistils appeared. I've ordered a full suite of their nutes, and will be trying them on the next grow.

IMG_20220314_184536__01.jpg

A little past 8 weeks. It's getting fatter, and mad sugar is forming on the leaves. Still not much on pistals.

I am increasing the most difficult ingredient, patience.

Switched light to 12/12. My photos are manifolded, and ready

IMG_20220319_043438__01.jpg
IMG_20220319_043400__01.jpg
IMG_20220319_043644__01.jpg
IMG_20220316_131944__01.jpg

IMG_20220318_164413__01.jpg

Back