New Grower Cowboy Growing..

Reaction score
Hi Forum I’m starting up a Journal, so I will start with Building a grow box. things are a little restricted here and I’m confined to an outdoor shed for stealth and safety…
The new grow box so far, striped out the shelves and door, bare bones…box £20 charity shop buy, £26 insulation and a whole lot of aches and pain so far,,building this mini monster in the play house will then transport to shed..

Hopefully I can finish the building this coming week, still need to work out the doors and linings + install equipment..

A15EFB79-AAFC-4DCE-B7B4-7D892D7F4195.jpeg

:shooty:Cowboy Growing :shooty:

Today’s update, so I decided to line the box with Aluminium tape. Why, well It’s a good conduct of heat and fire rated. I also have a box of the stuff in storage so it’s essentially a freebies… :smoking:
Nerve pain definitely made this job an extremely entertaining task.. and required multiple doses of oil to complete it…poor me :biggrin:

01A71D06-F939-487A-A0AC-2975D640531E.jpeg

84F57F8D-FD0E-4833-89C0-DE87E53D569B.jpeg

:shooty:Cowboy Growing :shooty:

I want to thank the Forum members and online community in general. Thanks for all the valuable information that’s been posted over the years. Having started growing in the 90s I was as still at a loss regarding modern controls and environmental equipment..
Thankfully I have been freely working my way through stacks of information posted in good faith by the online community..
Respect to all the self sufficiency growers out there legal state and non legal.:bow::clapper:

Also a special thanks I offer..there is always people willing to go out of their way to help others..massive thanks .:smoking:

Last edited:
Good luck with the grow mate.

I also have to go the stealth grow in the outside storage room.
I do chuckle at times when a bunch of people are over and they are only a few feet from the grow and none the wiser.

:vibes:

I got the doors on this morning,despite the raging winds .. left hand door is permanently sealed to minimal possibility of leaks..
I just putting together an insulation panel to fit behind the right door, as of now I’m confident a candle would heat this box..as I plan to grow throughout winter rather than summer that’s probably a good thing..cost wise.

D06000D7-AC8C-45E1-AC55-DDF53582F40C.jpeg

Also I managed to Stealth paint the thing…:jointman:

Tomorrow will be cutting in vents and hopefully installing in shed….:bow:

D5A89F0D-64B0-4340-B807-529F61FF9F5B.jpeg

Happy Sunday ya, allllll.
:shooty:Cowboy Growing.

what kind of light are you going to use in there?

Hi thanks for enquiry, I will be using a 110w led grow light, dimmable. Same light I have used over the last couple of years. It’s reliable, not to hot and I have had very good yields from this light..

panel-350×175
No Fan Zero Noise
Innovative fanless design and no need to worry about heat dissipation. Liberates you and your plants from noise whether in sleep or activity time. Helps your plants become healthy and thrived in such a quiet environment and you can enjoy the bumper harvest!
Sylstar GL-1000a Series LED Panel Grow Light
Specifications:
Diodes: SAMSUNG LM301B Diodes
Driver: Mean Well Driver
Efficiency: 2.7 umol/J
Ratio & Layout: Full Spectrum
Input Voltage: 100-277V AC, 50/60 Hz
Lighting Power: 110W±5%
Lifespan: >50000 hrs
Size: 2.17*11.8*9.8 Inch
Weight: 3.8 lbs
Certificates: CE, FCC, ROHS, UL

Man this is one project I’m glad to see finished.. it’s not I didn’t enjoy it, it’s that I had to build the thing outside in the play house freezing and in complete stealth..:coffee2: as I’m the only person who knows what’s what. No tell, no smell, no sell. Nooooo Celll..:nono:
The above combination made it really large a ball ache :smoking:
I really beat myself up about having to cull my plants but looking back it was the only way.
9D617D90-37DD-4333-8CD4-454FE1AF6298.jpeg

Insulation panel showing behind door, I will also attempt to add a grip for ease of removal..

1AAA1DC9-6389-48F2-A279-08AA9F2702E4.jpeg

Light with fan for air movement next to intake..need to add one last fan other side of light..
4BCB3D0A-BB52-4653-A009-00B76A164303.jpeg

Ok finished up today so I’m done.. extraction and heating connected to an Inkbird.. check me out with the modern tech..lol.

Peace out..:shooty:

Last edited:
Back