Lighting Concerning P300 and P600 counterfeits

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Due to the important counterfeits sold on Ebay.com or here, I thought to be usefull to open a thread and have direct answers from legit owners or members from PlatinumLED, Tom for example.

We all know that Platinum is a bit more expensive that other brands, so the temptation to buy expensiveless to buy more is real, and that's my situation.

Yesterday I found this offer on Ebay.com and I've tried to authentified myself this item to know if it was counterfeit or not, and I'm not successfull...

I've seen different points :

- just look at the vent bars around the P300 : on counterfeits it seems it's a grid replacing them...
- I've counted the numbers of bars, there are 4bars on the switches side, where there are 6 on other models, but maybe it's due to the upgrade vent system ???
- final point : the serial on the auction is directly printed on the metal, where on legit models it's printed on a sticker. For that point I need expert advice : do you please Platinum have the habit to print directly with ink or laser on some of your Pannels for any reason ?

On your site, there's written that's without the sticker fully patched, warranty cannot operate.

So is this model legit and authentic, or have we reached another level of counterfeit ?

I know the legit ways to buy is on your site or Amazon.com, but please understand we can buy from second hand too... here the P300 looks brand new/unused... I'd like to buy 2xP300 myself, and the total cost for import to France is 1000$ brand new on amazon. I cannot imagine to resend one for repair, around 125$ more..

If you want to add some facts at the little list I've done to recognize counterfeits from originals, you're welcomed, I thought that's important for people to know before buying.

Thanks for quick answers !

Last edited:
thanks Stillsmokin, I'm new on this forum and don't understand yet differences between a post and a disccussion, but I've started to discuss with Tom from Platinum, I hope this discussion will be public.

Haha, no chance :) Everybody's sleeping in US for the moment, it's 15:35 here, should be 6:35 or less in US.. the auction will end soon, please wake up guys :coffee:

Hello guys,

Due to the important counterfeits sold on Ebay.com or here, I thought to be usefull to open a thread and have direct answers from legit owners or members from PlatinumLED, Tom for example.

We all know that Platinum is a bit more expensive that other brands, so the temptation to buy expensiveless to buy more is real, and that's my situation.

Yesterday I found this offer on Ebay.com and I've tried to authentified myself this item to know if it was counterfeit or not, and I'm not successfull...

I've seen different points :

- just look at the vent bars around the P300 : on counterfeits it seems it's a grid replacing them...
- I've counted the numbers of bars, there are 4bars on the switches side, where there are 6 on other models, but maybe it's due to the upgrade vent system ???
- final point : the serial on the auction is directly printed on the metal, where on legit models it's printed on a sticker. For that point I need expert advice : do you please Platinum have the habit to print directly with ink or laser on some of your Pannels for any reason ?

On your site, there's written that's without the sticker fully patched, warranty cannot operate.

So is this model legit and authentic, or have we reached another level of counterfeit ?

I know the legit ways to buy is on your site or Amazon.com, but please understand we can buy from second hand too... here the P300 looks brand new/unused... I'd like to buy 2xP300 myself, and the total cost for import to France is 1000$ brand new on amazon. I cannot imagine to resend one for repair, around 125$ more..

If you want to add some facts at the little list I've done to recognize counterfeits from originals, you're welcomed, I thought that's important for people to know before buying.

Thanks for quick answers !

What's up @Pipo128!?!? I appreciate you bringing to everyone's attention the issue we have with counterfeits on the market. I guess imitation is the surest for of flattery...lol..

There are counterfeit factories in China that have produced look-alike lights to ours over the last couple of years. They are not our lights and unfortunately as fast as we inform ebay of copyright infringement for the listings to be removed, they post more. It's kinda like a never ending game of wack-a-mole.

It is the nature of the internet.

The cases were changed over the years and yes, one vent hole was removed on the face of the light.

The only place to purchase our authentic lights is our website or Amazon.com in the USA.

Happy growing!

Thanks @PlatinumLEDTom ,

Are you ok to say that there are bad counterfeits like this one (there's a grid in the place of cases vents), or even this one (manufacturer just had the idea to have it's own brand we guess),

and that there are "good" counterfeits like this one, completely identical to a true P300, the only way to recognize is the serial written with a stamp directly on the metal... + the auction has been won 2 days ago, and a new one is already here ready to be sold..

What's your opinion on the second option please, am I right or could it be one of your ones, escaped from the factory or refurbished or expo model or anything else ? I've observed that your serials on stickers all ended by"P300" and here there's in add "123" after.

What do you think ?

Hi Pipo! Sometimes it is a bit hard to tell if it is one of our lights. It should have the PlatinumLED cutout on the side. It could also be someones light who got it from a now defunct commercial grow where they needed to get rid of all of their lights and equipment. I think is most important to know that we can NOT warranty used or pre-owned like new units. We just can't guarantee the condition of the light that you may receive it in.

Best just to order directly from our website or Amazon!

Hi Platinum LED Tom, I recently bought 2 of the P 900's. When I was shopping around determining which lights I wanted to buy I kept coming across "Advanced Platinum / Advanced Spectrum / Advanced Diamond Series / Advanced LED" which made things a little confusing. So are these your companies lights or are they some of the counterfeits ?
I almost bought Advanced Spectrum lights but just wasn't sure if they were made by your company so I went with the P 900's. I just wonder how many P 900's I need to hit 1500 PAR in a 5' x 10' x 7' tent. I'm also running 6 - Kessil H350 90 watt COB Lights but considering selling those & buying a 3rd P 900 if needed. LMK .... Thanks

Back