Cobs or Canary anyone

Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to my good friend Tangwena the master cobber,no for real he is the master.I can,t duplicate his process cuz i aint him.I will try to impart some of my knowledge for making cobs and canary buds.We will start with canary buds.I don,t know where the name comes from ,i will ask the master when we next speak.Canary buds are just naked cobs.This way of making cobs and canary buds is just a simplified way to get similar results.The Real Malawi method will be much stronger and trippy.Ok back on subject Take a large main cola and place in vac bag,after two or five days drying depending on density of the buds you are using.A little wetter is better when making cobs or canary.Heat and moisture is what make the magic happen.This is where it gets tricky .I have made a little cob cab from a five gal. bucket lined with foil,place the cobs and canary buds in the bucket.I use a large CFL with reflector at the opening of the bucket,it just fits to cover the opening of the buck.With trial and error i landed on a 40 watt CFL.The buds stays in the cab for 24 hrs at 40c or 104 f.After 24 hr sweat take the buds out of the vac bag and dry with a paper towel.Reseal the buds back in the vac bags and leave in the bags at 20 to 30c for two weeks.Repeat the drying process ,and pla
DSC02050.JPG
DSC02051.JPG
ce in the vac bags for storage.You can prolly take a little chunk for test after the two week check.By this time you will have some pot jerky.I will post the pics from process and get into the cobs in the morning.If you decide to try this process please share your results with the community.Peace please

Attachments

• DSC02052.JPG
    DSC02052.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC02053.JPG
    DSC02053.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC02054.JPG
    DSC02054.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC02055.JPG
    DSC02055.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC02056.JPG
    DSC02056.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC02057.JPG
    DSC02057.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC02058.JPG
    DSC02058.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC02059.JPG
    DSC02059.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC02060.JPG
    DSC02060.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
I have a choice of NL [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] which are bigger but have gotten pretty dry...not done dry but close. And I have smaller buds from the blr x ogk that are still moist but yep they are small. Will be watching and maybe giving this a try:headbang:

Ok now for the cobs.What you need,Vac Sealer ,Corn husks (fresh is better.)String, any will do ,but i like the hemp for obvious reasons.LOLTo start you need fresh buds dried for a couple to five days depending on the density of buds you are using.With cobs wetter is better.That being said,You don,t want dry buds with this process.Heat and moisture is your best friend and your worst enemy .If you keep the cobs vac sealed you have nothing to worry about until they are out of the cob,and dried and cured properly.Tie one end of the husk with your string,forming a little pocket.Stuff the buds and start packing and rolling just like a big joint.I usually leave enough string to wrap the entire cob to the end.Once you get it rolled and tied place in a vac bag and in the cob bucket to sweat for 24 hrs.at 40c or 10
DSC02050.JPG
4f .After 24 hrs. take the cobs out and dry off all excess moisture with a paper towel.Reseal and store in temps 20c to 30c for two weeks.Repeat this process in two more weeks.Oh i usually take the husk off at the two week check.At that point you can sample a small piece .You will get used to the size you need after a couple times.Cobs are like jarred buds,the longer the cure the better the product.Don,t judge until you are a few months in the cure.Cobs can be eaten or smoked or vaped as well.I find that eating them is the best.The duration and intensity is a lot better. The darker the cob the better the cure.If you keep in the temp ranges with sweating and cure you will have a nice surprise.If you get a little high on temps and the cobs get a little crunchy it will still be good.Cob size depend on the corn husk of course but you can stuff an ounce or two in one if you want a thicker cob.I find that a little bit thinner is easier to dry.Either way will work,but the thinner ones just dry out a little quicker.If you decide to try this please share your attempt,that will make us all better cobbers.Peace please

Attachments

• DSC02052.JPG
    DSC02052.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC02057.JPG
    DSC02057.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC02058.JPG
    DSC02058.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC02060.JPG
    DSC02060.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I have a choice of NL [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] which are bigger but have gotten pretty dry...not done dry but close. And I have smaller buds from the blr x ogk that are still moist but yep they are small. Will be watching and maybe giving this a try:headbang:
Great bud,as long as you follow the temps and keep them vac sealed you will be fine.Make sure you dry them out a bit when removing from the vac bags you can,t really screw up if you keep it in the vac bag.Make sure you pack it in tight and the tie has to be tight as well.Man i,m glad your going to give it a go.At first you really hesitate putting that much weed in a husk,but its worth the risk.I have had good luck with mine.My daughter fucked one up i gave her she took it out of the vac bag and put it in a jar to soon and it molded.Peace please

Great bud,as long as you follow the temps and keep them vac sealed you will be fine.Make sure you dry them out a bit when removing from the vac bags you can,t really screw up if you keep it in the vac bag.Make sure you pack it in tight and the tie has to be tight as well.Man i,m glad your going to give it a go.At first you really hesitate putting that much weed in a husk,but its worth the risk.I have had good luck with mine.My daughter fucked one up i gave her she took it out of the vac bag and put it in a jar to soon and it molded.Peace please
OK, I'll vac seal some naked ones today, and refrigerate some to do the cob when I get some husks. Sounds like we get another trip to town so will get the husks then. We need some of those anyway.

OK, I'll vac seal some naked ones today, and refrigerate some to do the cob when I get some husks. Sounds like we get another trip to town so will get the husks then. We need some of those anyway.
If you can,t get fresh make sure you soak the dry ones in hot water for a bit then dry on a paper towel till your ready to go.Cool.Just holler at me if you have any questions.Peace please

Back