Lighting CFL orientation and distance charts

Damn. Yeah with that high of a cfl you'll nee to start further away and work down as it grows older and bigger.

And I had no idea that the UK couldn't get the same lights. That sucks. I thought you guys could order anything from the world wide shippers. Sorry 'bout that. :D

our lights are ok but prices are way above some thing you guys get
as coop said you guys get some of the best bulbs hort eyes over here are quite rare and t5 bulb spectrum's are going to be special order online for blue one's

very risky posting items ive had 2 cfls come broke in the post

Interesting stuff however way too many variables involved and the fact they are reading through water. I currently run all CFL. I use two 100w and many 23W in my set up. My plants never get too much light from them. I run my seedlings right under both 100W and never have an issue. The only time I have any problems is when leaves actually touch the CFL's. Most of mine are set 1 inch away from leaves.

i had less issues with the 125w but the 200w is an animal its either to close or to far away runs very hot as well
Made sure it was a name brand with a high LPW

with my hps a couple on inches here or there dont matter this thing is either scorch or stretch i killed 75% of my jilly beans first time out now my auto lowlife blues are showing the same issues

the water will effect the reading but more is more regardless of water or not

hmmmm interesting stuff
to my way of thinking if a bulb is placed horizontally you will have some wasted light being thrown into the reflector although the light will bounce back down it will have been defracted to some degree so i would say hanging a bulb vertically would give better light penetration
but hey i'm a noob to this cfl lark just my thoughts i'm sure someone who knows more than me will explain where I've gone wrong lol

I would think the light would throw off more the Long way as it is showing more surface area.:2cents:

Interesting charts! Intensity falls off nearly 50% for every 3" inches past optimal distance.

I am a newbie here, growing my first auto. I have been using cfl's for the past year for photos. I use 12 100w, half 23 actual watts and half 26 actual watts in Y splitters. The buds grow all the way up in between the bulbs with no problems at all, as long as they don't touch.

I use a 200w in the Darkstreet 60 and its ok. You want a Lux between 30.000 and 50.000 in the box to have constant robust growth. So the 200w Cfl i have puts out 12.500 Lumens which get devided by the 0.36 sqm of the Box... So 12.500:0.36=34.277,7777Lux which is ok. If u want the Max out of it i would go with 250-300w of cfls in there then u have the optimum Lightning for that Box. Im happy with the 200w but curious for my first Led arriving soon over here.

Can someone summarize this for the lamens like myself? I dont understand half of what im looking at, thanks for taking the time to do so.

Back