Lighting CFL orientation and distance charts

mine are not twisted
220px-Energiesparlampe_01_retouched.jpg

mine are not twisted
220px-Energiesparlampe_01_retouched.jpg

Somewhat similar, but I gotcha.

So maybe the higher watt larger ones like yours are better horizontal and the super twisty ones are better vertical.

I have mine hanging in Y adapters so I have them doing both basically, hanging diagonal. :D Seems to be fine.

most of the time i hang them, but if the plan't get like 30 inch's or more in height i clamp them to the pot shining up into the lower leaf area but only for vegging, when i switch from 6500k to 2700k i go back to hanging, that put's them right above the bud!:smokebuds:

to be fair without testing i havent got a clue reflector shape may have some thing to do with it
ive seen 125w twist cfls as well so not a clue

i think mixing them may be the way forward
2 blue to 1 red veg
2 red to 1 blue flower
hard to tell without testing

to be fair without testing i havent got a clue reflector shape may have some thing to do with it
ive seen 125w twist cfls as well so not a clue

True. Still brings some light(pun intended) to things for me. As I have pretty much always used cfl and T5. Before I had my current little box with a homeade cfl rig, I used a Tek lamp pl-55 in a tent.
They're like T5 and cfl or like your big cfl. Just one bend. Lotsa power and lumens into a smaller setup. Anyway...:smokebuds:

always wanted to try t5 but the light wave models cost more than a top didgi hps!
i do have a 200w cfl but it keeps burning my seedling vs my hps that does not!

always wanted to try t5 but the light wave models cost more than a top didgi hps!
i do have a 200w cfl but it keeps burning my seedling vs my hps that does not!

Why do you have to get the light waves models? There are plenty of awesome T5s that are cheap, mate.
Odd about the burning. How close do you have it?

In our country we don't have the range of T5 choice you have in the states squidy :smokebuds: we have a few but nothing like the choices you guys have.

Why do you have to get the light waves models? There are plenty of awesome T5s that are cheap, mate.
Odd about the burning. How close do you have it?
12" it scorched them at 10"
its a 200w 13000 lumen model

Back