Reaction score
Currently Smoking
-
Hello,
this grow is mostly about three things:
Me tesing the CFL 250W Elektrox DUAL spec
" " CBD HAZE Auto Strain by TopTaoSeeds
" " BIO Dehner Soil with included mycorrhiza
This all takes Place at 60x60x150cm space, little tent.

Time is set on 18/6
Light is about 40cm away form plants, no reflector used as to the weight of this huge CFL would bend it down.
Seeds was sprouted in wet toilet paper under foil, this both was attached to a glas.
Made wet on 8th of july, sproutet on 11th +-1day and set into soil at this date, too.
Tested 2xwith coco jiffypots and the one who sprouted first directly into soil.

Using round buckets, floor filled with around 5cm high layer of hydrocorels for optimum drainage, then about like 4 parts of Bio Dehner mix, on top of that 1 part used soil mix with litlle root pieces and perlite to go lite on first roots. (the plant likes it when she 'feels' that shes on soil already used by 'ancestors')

First Update:
13th of july -set light from 60cm down to 40cm, little seedlings are about 5cm each now.

Pictures below

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 77
  • 3pots.JPG
    3pots.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 78
  • fullview.JPG
    fullview.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 91
  • gtaview.JPG
    gtaview.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 95
  • nutes.JPG
    nutes.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 86
  • ph ec.JPG
    ph ec.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 80
  • soil.JPG
    soil.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 102
  • soilbrand.JPG
    soilbrand.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 103
  • strain.JPG
    strain.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Looks like your off to a good start.I would at least try and keep your light horizontal and make a reflector out of aluminum foil and secured to the bulbs base with tie wrap.

@namvet25 I will definitely invent something to get that light in a better position but right now for the little ones it works. And then i thought why not leave it that way to have the plants grow around it with some bending work...lets see where the wind blows my ship this time...

The metal where the e40 bulb sits in is just a little to weak to hold the light horizantal.

Good luck mate

:vibes:

Keep this in mind, bigger is not always better, sometimes lower W Cfl's are better the just one big one. I been through where you are, and right now, im having my best grow so far with 7 26W CFL bulbs the 3 42W onces ;) Ill be watching !!!! Good luck amigo :smoking:

@Birdu2 i seen your grow, looks all solid- i felt better with one big gun instead of many little ones but when i saw what u did with the small ons i have to admit it wasnt bad at all-lets see how it works out for me- thanks for tuning in!

Its all good @ClockworkOrange !! You have to find out the way the best work for you under the conditions you are growing ......
I have been through the process and so far they way the im working now, its the best. Its about having a good "spread" of light all over the place coming form different sources then just one big one or two ( using CFL's )
Here is some very informative and interesting videos of a guys the only grows using CFL's, take a look when you get the chance, .... specially in his setup :) :peace:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9q10cKAiAIU0j8zz75ZcQuIfV428BdFG

I get your point @Birdu2 - will check it - i think the design of this light bulb is a fail itself, one half 2700k other half 6500k, they not even tried to mix the coloured bulbs. And the size- thats some serious meat half hangin in there you can rocky that shit :deadhorse:
Checked your thread again, saw how close u put the lights, will get adjustable cable and drop this horse a bit on them

I never had the chance to have one of those dual spectrum CFL's, the look cool do.
About the distance, you have to find your "golden" point of distance, with CFL's closer its better, but give them also some distance to, again, "spread" the light, like @namvet25 mention, its importante to have some kind of reflector on top of the light, i made mine using the top of a hard paper box from the supermarket ;) covering the "reflected side" with some silver foil, its work pretty good and it is defenetley better then nothing :)
Its all about learning to use the tools you can put your hands on :) We can get some pretty good lades with CFL's ! :smoking:

Just keep on eye on the tips of the leaven when putting the light really close ... ;)

Reactions: Cat
Due to 'bad weather' this grow had to be cancelled...unfortunately...:sadcry:

Reactions: Cat
Back