New Grower CBD Auto-grow Journal v1.02

Accurate pH8 Soil pH and Moisture Meter - It tests soil pH & moisture. What would this information be used for?

Note: Day 11 of flowering
To test the PH in the roots. Runoff PH is notoriously inaccurate for telling you what the PH is in the root zone. If something is causing the PH to be too high or low in the root zone you will get nutrient lockout - The roots cannot absorb certain nutrients. By getting a reading of the root zone you can make minor adjustments to your fertigation to bring it back in line. For example let's say the root zone was at 7.1 PH you could fertigate with 6.1 to slowly bring it down into the desired range. The most you want to alter is 1 point of PH at a time to avoid shocking the plants.

Tell-tale signs of a female plant.

calix-02.jpg

The Pistils protruding through the pear-shaped Calyx's.

I quality image I have not seen the likes of. These Calyx's are approximately the same size, or a bit smaller, than a cannabis seed.

@Mañ'O'Green
The Blue Mystic plant was "fertigated" Monday and it is now Thursday. The coir is dry to a depth of about 2.5 inches. Should I water it? And if so, How much? Till the water comes out the bottom of the pot?? Also should I be starting the Wk 4 (Transition) or Wk 5 (Early Bloom) proportions?

Lastly: (no need for an instant reply on this) I want to understand your method of watering (% increases) vs the General Hydroponics weekly variations, generally at 100%). I feel I am stuck between two nutrient supply methods, with no real understanding of when to alter proportions.

Plants are looking good...been training the main cola to lie low so that my plant is more flat overall.

@Mañ'O'Green
The Blue Mystic plant was "fertigated" Monday and it is now Thursday. The coir is dry to a depth of about 2.5 inches. Should I water it? And if so, How much? Till the water comes out the bottom of the pot?? Also should I be starting the Wk 4 (Transition) or Wk 5 (Early Bloom) proportions?

Lastly: (no need for an instant reply on this) I want to understand your method of watering (% increases) vs the General Hydroponics weekly variations, generally at 100%). I feel I am stuck between two nutrient supply methods, with no real understanding of when to alter proportions.

Plants are looking good...been training the main cola to lie low so that my plant is more flat overall.
Water when the pot feels light to 10% to 20% runoff. Yes running out the bottom of the pot. Don't just let that runoff sit around - throw it in the garden. IMHO several smaller waterings over several hours are better absorbed than one big one. Your going to need to water more often as the plants begin to transpire more water. So keep an eye on this.

Do we have any tip burn? How old is the plant in weeks? 5? then mix "week 5" nutrients to 80% strength and fertigate with this when needed this week.

Fertigate - King's Kush CBD - Wk 5(Early Bloom) 80% to aprox. 10% runoff [2 2/3 Gal]

Last edited:
05/27
Fertigate - Blue Mystic - Wk 5(Early Bloom) 80% @ aprox. 10% runoff [2 1/5 Gal]

Last Fertigation - 05/21

Last edited:
Blue Mystic @ 7.8 weeks (55 days) H-9.5in W-11in
King's Kush CBD @ 6.0 weeks (42 days) H-10.5in W-12in

I have been keeping the lights about 21in from the tops of the plants and have seen no signs of leaves tipping upwards or leaf yellowing/burning. Will likely add the 3 inches back to be on the safe side.

I have noticed, that there are a few leaves on both plants that have nutrient tip burn, indicating that I should dial back the % to 70%. I will be getting a few new photos of these girls by the end of the day today.

Inspected these plants with a 30x and 60x loop for any beginnings of pests or other conditions. Not much wood in the house, but I'm knocking it it whenever I get the chance.

Been spreading wood mulch outside in the garden beds - I am being very wary of pests hitching a ride on me; removing clothes before entering the house and showering. Only problem I see is that my two dogs, on in particular, loves to did and lie around in it and I don't change their cloths when they come in! To top that off, my dogs exit and enter the house via my grow room.

The Blue Cheese(reg) is about 4 weeks old not and probably ready to start fattening up. Will be feeding this girl 60% nutrients on wk 3's schedule an i couple of days.

Last edited:
Blue Mystic @ 7.8 weeks (55 days) H-9.5in W-11in
King's Kush CBD @ 6.0 weeks (42 days) H-10.5in W-12in

I have been keeping the lights about 21in from the tops of the plants and have seen no signs of leaves tipping upwards or leaf yellowing/burning. Will likely add the 3 inches back to be on the safe side.

I have noticed, that there are a few leaves on both plants that have nutrient tip burn, indicating that I should dial back the % to 70%. I will be getting a few new photos of these girls by the end of the day today.

Inspected these plants with a 30x and 60x loop for any beginnings of pests or other conditions. Not much wood in the house, but I'm knocking it it whenever I get the chance.

Been spreading wood mulch outside in the garden beds - I am being very wary of pests hitching a ride on me; removing clothes before entering the house and showering. Only problem I see is that my two dogs, on in particular, loves to did and lie around in it and I don't change their cloths when they come in! To top that off, my dogs exit and enter the house via my grow room.

The Blue Cheese(reg) is about 4 weeks old not and probably ready to start fattening up. Will be feeding this girl 60% nutrients on wk 3's schedule an i couple of days.
You are right to think about the dogs bringing in hitchhikers but what are you going to do? They need to live in the house also. Perhaps for future grows you can find another corner in the house were they do not need to go? I have a cat that is so fast she is hard to keep out of the room where the grow is. I try:yoinks:.

New images

05-28_KingsKUshCBD.jpg

King's Kush CBD

05-28_BlueMystic-1.jpg

Blue Mystic - training for flat canopy

05-28_BlueMystic-2.jpg

BlueMystic - view from above

New images

View attachment 911850
King's Kush CBD

View attachment 911851
Blue Mystic - training for flat canopy

View attachment 911852
BlueMystic - view from above
@CBDJunkie Do you see how the tips of some of the leaves are bent down? That is caused by too much Nitrogen and I do see a little tip burn so you are correct about backing off to 70%. If those symptoms don't go away after that then back down to 65%. Other than that they look good. Keep up the good work.

Back