New Grower CBD Auto-grow Journal v1.02

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Blue Cheeze Auto, Swiss Dream CBD, Nebula CBD
My second attempt at a grow. Something (lighting issue??) seemed to have stunted the growth of my first two seeds and after a month they were still mere bean sprouts. This is not far from the truth as I did add them to a salad a few days ago, making this salad the most expensive one I have ever eaten! (aprox. $25) ...and no psycho-pleasure either, what a ripoff!

The two new seeds are as follows:

A1.02.1: Med Gom CBD Auto
Breeder:
Dinafem Seeds
Genetics: Industrial Plant x Pure CBD Plant
Variety: Indica / Sativa
THC/CBD Ratio: 1:2.25
Yield Potential: 300 - 500 gr/m2 indoors
Plant Height: 1.2 meters
Flowering Time: 70 days from germination

A1.02.2: Blue Mystic Auto
Breeder:
Nirvana Seeds
Genetics: Blue Mystic ((Flo x Afghani) x Blueberry) x Ruderalis
Variety: Mostly Indica
THX:CBD Ratio: Medium:High
Flowering Type: Autoflowering
Sex: Feminised
Yield Potential: 200 - 300 g/m2
Flowering Time: 7 - 9 weeks

MY RESOURCES

EQUIPMENT:
Lighting: 2 x 400W Full Spectrum COB LED's
4 x Dual T12 CFL Growlights(a.k.a. Walmart Special)
Exhaust fan - 4in.200CFM
A pH Pen
A TDS meter
Temp/Humidity meter
Humidity sensor switch
Timers for lights
Oscillating Fan 2 speed

WATER & NUTRIENTS:
Source of water: Tap
pH - 7.7
TDS - 94ppm
Cloramine(treated with vitamine C)

General Hydroponics- Flora Series Drain-to-Waste
FloraMicro
FloraGrow
FloraBloom
Floraliscious Plus
CalMag
RapidStart
pH Up/Down

PEST CONTROL:
Diatomaceous Earth (Food Grade)
Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad Concentrate

GROW MEDIUM:
Rockwool, Coco Coir w/perlite
5gal cloth pots

GROWROOM:
4ft x 4ft x 7ft

I am currently in Day 5 of germination
My light schedule is 18hrs on/6hrs off (7PM - 12Noon/12Noon - 7PM)
I have a humidity sensor switch connected to a humidifier to keep a consistent RH of 65 - 70%
Temps are kept between 65 and 75degF.

Last edited:
Hey brother

Welcome to The Forum, sounds like you got a pretty decent setup to start off. The pH of your background water is pretty high 7.7? I wonder how your calibrating your pH pen? It's best to use two solutions usually one at pH 4 and one at pH 7. I always like to double-check the pH calibration whenever I have any problem at all in Coco.

Your total dissolved solids is a nice number and should do well with the GH Trio. I used to run rapid start but I determined that it doesn't really matter so much in Cocoa, especially when you use perlite. I personally like to start my seeds directly in the Coco and avoid any kind of plugs, but I really hate rockwool. It can be difficult to get those pH buffered properly and then you can damage the rockwool and have problems with the roots starting out.

I like to run my lights 24 hours a day just to keep my environment at a stable temperature and humidity. That works if you have a speed controller for your fan that will let you have high speed low speed and off.

I'm usually around and I've been doing coco for a while, if you have any questions just tag me by putting the @ sign in front of my name @jingo.

I have grown a couple of the MediGom before. It's a different kind of high if one were to term it as a high. There is no silliness that is normally associated with the thc side. Lately I have been buying cbd Isolate and that stuff is $75 a pop for 2 grams. Could be mistaken for cocaine to the untrained eye. I have quite a few cbd strains to grow, so I will be filled with even more cbd.

Hey brother

The pH of your background water is pretty high 7.7? I wonder how your calibrating your pH pen? It's best to use two solutions usually one at pH 4 and one at pH 7...[/USER].
@jingo
I use two buffers, one at 6.86 and the other at 4. Although it seems counter-intuitive to use the same setscrew to adjust two different solutions, this is how I do it. All,of course, at the proper temperature. I am storing the pH pen another 4.0 solution. Have a second pen on order, so I will soon tell if one is horribly bad.
With respect to my tap water being at "7.7" It is a notorious fact that most household tap water is on the alkaline side of the spectrum...generally not good for proper digestion.

Yeah I know what you mean about the alkaline water, I just expect to see a lot more buffers in your water then whatever your total dissolved solids number was? I mean I was expecting to see 250 300 total dissolved solids with a pH that high.

Yeah I know what you mean about the alkaline water, I just expect to see a lot more buffers in your water then whatever your total dissolved solids number was? I mean I was expecting to see 250 300 total dissolved solids with a pH that high.
A brand new TDS meter, so hopefully it is working well. TDS meter reads my filtered water(for drinking) and the distilled water at near zero.

FACT or FICTION:
Extended flowering time can actually diminish medicinal effectiveness, because CBD degrades earlier than THC.

Any additional info or references regarding techniques for obtaining optimal CBD amounts will be most helpful.

The quality of any cannabis degrades over time and if you go beyond your Harvest Time too far you just get into degradation. Most plants will quit drinking before you get to that point though. I found that the Dinafem CBD are that way. from my lab tests you grow them out to their Optimum life cycle and you get the maximum CBD and THC.

Will be adding Humboldt Nutrients MMX405 Myco Maximum to the grow nutrients as the Coco Coir I have does not have this.

The quality of any cannabis degrades over time and if you go beyond your Harvest Time too far you just get into degradation. Most plants will quit drinking before you get to that point though. I found that the Dinafem CBD are that way. from my lab tests you grow them out to their Optimum life cycle and you get the maximum CBD and THC.
@jingo

"grow them out to their Optimum life cycle" - which means?? Remember I am a noob!

Back