Old Reviews Canna Brush Trim Tool

Proph

Regenerative Organic Grower
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I've been using the Canna Brush triming tool for the past two harvests. I wanted to try it because the concept made perfect sense to me and because I loath scissor trimming. When I scissor trim I usually end up using the tips of the scissors to pull back the dried leaves anyway. If dried right, they just pop off. The Canna Brush did that exact same thing but at a faster rate. Some people will say "you're killing your terps".. "You're knocking off all the trichs".. That's just their fear of change talking, lol. This product does exactly want it's supposed to do, and does it well. Lightly brush downwards and the dried leads just fly off. You can tell how lightly Im using it. It doesn't take much effort at all. I still use scissors to get that perfect manicure when I want or need it.. But this has already saved me soo much time and from countless hand cramps, lol. I literally don't have to touch the buds at all. Just the stems. The vid is of a single bud, but I've done entire branches at once. The Canna Brush definitely has my vote of approval. This is a couple nugs of my pheno#1 of #cherryhills from Thug pug.. Looks damn good if you ask me!

I have an actual video of me using the Canna Brush, I just have to figure out how to post it in this thread.

Here is a pic of the finished bud I used the Cannes Brush on...

IMG_20200203_093552_929.jpg

And here are a few product images..
Screenshot_20200203-102320~2.png
Screenshot_20200203-102255~2.png
Screenshot_20200203-091613~2.png

I'll figure out how to get the video loaded asap!

Looks really interesting. Seems to function exactly like the commercial trimmers that work by tumbling a load of bud so that the dried leaves get knocked off. I noticed when doing the final cleanup on my dried buds that any leaves that were dry and exposed would just break off if disturbed.

In your experience, does the brush manage to remove the large curved leaves plastered to the bud surface, the ones caused by growth of the buds in dense colas? I find that I can still get these off with scissors, but do not see how a gentle brush could do it given the way the leaves are adhered to the surface of the bud.

Looks really interesting. Seems to function exactly like the commercial trimmers that work by tumbling a load of bud so that the dried leaves get knocked off. I noticed when doing the final cleanup on my dried buds that any leaves that were dry and exposed would just break off if disturbed.

In your experience, does the brush manage to remove the large curved leaves plastered to the bud surface, the ones caused by growth of the buds in dense colas? I find that I can still get these off with scissors, but do not see how a gentle brush could do it given the way the leaves are adhered to the surface of the bud.
You are spot on. When I first saw this I thought of the $300 "trim bag" that people use. You put the dried buds in, pick it up, and shake the hell out of it, lol. Basically just knocking off the dried leaves! This does exactly that but it's way less invasive. I did have a few of those "smashed" leaves, and did have to use scissors for that, but that was personal preference. I usually leave that kind of stuff on just to avoid over handing of the buds.

Thanks for the reply. Pretty much as I expected regarding the leaves. I have been a fussy trimmer, likely too much so, likely because I haven't done as much as most people here... :biggrin:

So far, fly shit out of pepper trimming aside, the dry and cure is going nicely.

Happy trimming Proph. :cheers:

I just got blitzed off some edibles last week and ordered this in a weed haze.
didn’t even remember it until it showed up this morning lol.
haven’t used it yet but I think I’m going to tonight. Just recently chopped a couple plants and have another to chop.
wasn’t looking forward to trim jail lol.
not even looking for some sorta grade a bag appeal, just a nicer looking bud without having to handle the scissors all day
26CCD808-487E-4AF9-8F01-0F486E2D2F29.jpeg

I just got blitzed off some edibles last week and ordered this in a weed haze.
didn’t even remember it until it showed up this morning lol.
haven’t used it yet but I think I’m going to tonight. Just recently chopped a couple plants and have another to chop.
wasn’t looking forward to trim jail lol.
not even looking for some sorta grade a bag appeal, just a nicer looking bud without having to handle the scissors all dayView attachment 1155677
Hahaaa! Sometimes we make great decisions when high! Crazy coincidence! As long as the plant is properly dried you'll have a field day with this. Especially if you aren't going for that "perfect" looking bud, lol. Your trim jail sentence has just been drastically reduced!

Sent a pic to my boy had one looked the same but .99 cents. Worked a charm lol. Gonna have some tomorrow.

Back