New Grower Candy Cane Auto - Mega Crop - Promix HP

I suspect I could take a bud now and one later. cure and you would not tell the difference. just sayin, It looks done and I don't like the foxtailing.
Is there much to gain?

Mach! Thanks for weighing in.

So the bud lover in me likes your opinion, the grower in me is wondering "should I cut because it looks ready on the surface or hold off because there's still plenty of clear trichs?" lol

Starting to look a lot like fall in there, very close if not done in some cases ..... Consider a partial harvest of the buds that fit your style and get some light to the lower sites and let them grow a little longer - I don’t remember a rule saying you’ve got to take it all in one wack ..... Whatver you choice, nice job and thanks for sharing - some good looking Gals, you should be smiling about now.

Peace,
MOB

I suspect I could take a bud now and one later. cure and you would not tell the difference. just sayin, It looks done and I don't like the foxtailing.
Is there much to gain?

I don't like foxtailing either. Jut doesn't look good, lol, and no there isn't much to gain, maybe an extra couple grams or less once all said and done.

wondering if the clear trichs I'm seeing are just new trichs popping up from whatever, like colder temps when lights off, type of thing.

Starting to look a lot like fall in there, very close if not done in some cases ..... Consider a partial harvest of the buds that fit your style and get some light to the lower sites and let them grow a little longer - I don’t remember a rule saying you’ve got to take it all in one wack ..... Whatver you choice, nice job and thanks for sharing - some good looking Gals, you should be smiling about now.

Peace,
MOB

Totally! Honestly I've been leaning towards selective harvesting for the past week or so. I'm not apposed to doing that at all, been wondering if I leave the exposed cut from removing a branch or if I cover it with something like tape or wax or putty.

The real only concern I have with selective harvesting is the hermi trigger. Read quite a bit and they say that in some instances, plants will hermi from being selective harvested. Now, they never spoke of autos doing that, but regardless, I'm willing to try it.

Another problem I guess is the drying space. I usually hang dry the plants in the tent so I can control the environment as well as the smell.

I can hang dry them in my downstairs bathroom, but I can't control the environment as well and it will smell up the rest of the house something fierce!

I don't like foxtailing either. Jut doesn't look good, lol, and no there isn't much to gain, maybe an extra couple grams or less once all said and done.

wondering if the clear trichs I'm seeing are just new trichs popping up from whatever, like colder temps when lights off, type of thing.

Totally! Honestly I've been leaning towards selective harvesting for the past week or so. I'm not apposed to doing that at all, been wondering if I leave the exposed cut from removing a branch or if I cover it with something like tape or wax or putty.

The real only concern I have with selective harvesting is the hermi trigger. Read quite a bit and they say that in some instances, plants will hermi from being selective harvested. Now, they never spoke of autos doing that, but regardless, I'm willing to try it.

Another problem I guess is the drying space. I usually hang dry the plants in the tent so I can control the environment as well as the smell.

I can hang dry them in my downstairs bathroom, but I can't control the environment as well and it will smell up the rest of the house something fierce!

Take baby steps, do a single cut and see what happens and then rinse repeat as you are comfortable with ..... I had no problems with my 12 oz, gal I did it with first and then I found myself doing the same on all my gals, except 3 Bears but she was open .... I had no hemi or any other issues and I didn’t do anything with the open wound but that was me .....

In the bathroom you’ll want lower humidity at first when you hang - 45-50% - and then go up to 65ish after a few days - personally I would have fans, humidifier and dehumidifier at my disposal so I could meet those numbers ..... You gotten this far a good finish is, IMO, worth the effort and no bud rot ..... check out some drying threads if you have questions ..... environment is the one thing that folks goof ..... Looking solid-good luck.

Beautiful plants, they will yield nicely and smoke even better. Dude, just slow down and take a deep breath. You sound almost frantic at times. Growing this shit is an absolute joy by itself.....step back a little from the ppm's and trichs etc etc and look at those beautiful plants that are here to help us calm down and relax. If you harvest a few days early....who cares? If you are a tad late...who cares? Smoke that shit and enjoy it!!

Beautiful plants, they will yield nicely and smoke even better. Dude, just slow down and take a deep breath. You sound almost frantic at times. Growing this shit is an absolute joy by itself.....step back a little from the ppm's and trichs etc etc and look at those beautiful plants that are here to help us calm down and relax. If you harvest a few days early....who cares? If you are a tad late...who cares? Smoke that shit and enjoy it!!

I appreciate the compliment on my plants, but the rest sounds a little patronizing, lol

Last edited:
Don't think he was being patronizing, he was actually parroting what I'd tell you. Relax and be happy you made it to the end. My last grow I fretted over them so much I had 2 Critical 2.0 plants go past due. Complete CBD buzz, degraded thc. Your plants look great, just don't over think it. If they look done they are. Then learn how to cure, that's where most fuk up their bud.

Harvest:

Well it was day 93 when I took the plants down.

I was quite happy with the final weight.

From my single 180Watt Electric Sky 180 (the older version) and 2 plants in a tiny 2x4 tent, I squeezed 1.6g per Watt for a total of 292g. Weighed after 7 days of curing.

292 grams from 2 plants under a 180Watt light. Not bad.

I've been criticized for being "frantic" by some and others have suggested to "relax" when asking questions and trying to learn everything I can. Yes I can obsess over my hobbies, but that's the way I am, I want to learn as much as possible when I need to amd there's nothing wrong with that.

If I only asked questions before a problem arose, the problem would already exist, I like to learn and then prevent anything from happening. But apparently some people like to take the hippy approach to growing and "just go with the flow maaaaan".

No thanks.

My "frantic" educational approach has paid off, quite well. Sure you can learn on the job, screw up a few grows, have a few mediocre harvests, OR, you could take advantage of this insane encyclopedia on literally anything and everything called the internet and use it to read, learn, connect with people, ask questions, look for advice, take all of that, apply it and come out with a bang'n grow and harvest, saving a ton of time, money and frustration.

And now that I've learned what I needed to, I don't need to ask those questions anymore...

God, can you imagine if industrial green houses operated under that same "just go with the flow maaan" mentality? They'd go out of business in the first 6 months.

I started growing for two reasons, I wanted to grow quality cannabis instead of the trash from the gov and I'm trying to eliminate the un-affordable costs of gov cannabis.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I've proven my point.

Here's some dope pictures of the plants before chop.

BCBUDDY OUT! (mic drop)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Harvest:

Well it was day 93 when I took the plants down.

I was quite happy with the final weight.

From my single 180Watt Electric Sky 180 (the older version) and 2 plants in a tiny 2x4 tent, I squeezed 1.6g per Watt for a total of 292g. Weighed after 7 days of curing.

292 grams from 2 plants under a 180Watt light. Not bad.

I've been criticized for being "frantic" by some and others have suggested to "relax" when asking questions and trying to learn everything I can. Yes I can obsess over my hobbies, but that's the way I am, I want to learn as much as possible when I need to amd there's nothing wrong with that.

If I only asked questions before a problem arose, the problem would already exist, I like to learn and then prevent anything from happening. But apparently some people like to take the hippy approach to growing and "just go with the flow maaaaan".

No thanks.

My "frantic" educational approach has paid off, quite well. Sure you can learn on the job, screw up a few grows, have a few mediocre harvests, OR, you could take advantage of this insane encyclopedia on literally anything and everything called the internet and use it to read, learn, connect with people, ask questions, look for advice, take all of that, apply it and come out with a bang'n grow and harvest, saving a ton of time, money and frustration.

And now that I've learned what I needed to, I don't need to ask those questions anymore...

God, can you imagine if industrial green houses operated under that same "just go with the flow maaan" mentality? They'd go out of business in the first 6 months.

I started growing for two reasons, I wanted to grow quality cannabis instead of the trash from the gov and I'm trying to eliminate the un-affordable costs of gov cannabis.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I've proven my point.

Here's some dope pictures of the plants before chop.

BCBUDDY OUT! (mic drop)

View attachment 1154521View attachment 1154522View attachment 1154523View attachment 1154524View attachment 1154525View attachment 1154526View attachment 1154527View attachment 1154528View attachment 1154529View attachment 1154530

Good on ya. If it wasn't for the hippies, cannabis would probably not be legal in Canada. Just a thought.

Back