Extraction Can you press fresh cut bud?

I mean you can do something like dry ice hash and then press the sift - but thats mostly trichomes which actually don't contain much water. Its the water contained in fresh plant material that is the problem. Trichomes are not water soluable, which is why we have to either use a solvent (butane, alcohol etc.) or a mechanical means (bubble hash, dry ice hash etc.) or heat (pressing) to remove them from the watery plant material.

I mean you can do something like dry ice hash and then press the sift - but thats mostly trichomes which actually don't contain much water. Its the water contained in fresh plant material that is the problem. Trichomes are not water soluable, which is why we have to either use a solvent (butane, alcohol etc.) or a mechanical means (bubble hash, dry ice hash etc.) or heat (pressing) to remove them from the watery plant material.

Ahhh thanks mate, sorry I should have said the plan was to make bubble hash then press that!

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good, I dont smoke flower anymore just rosin. Presses work well, I would never use a straightener again. Night and day, if I only used rosin and made with straightener that's all I would do all day is make rosin. I have a 2x4 inch pre press I fill with 3-6 grams and that last a good bit. Only press 1-2 a week my yield is much better now I have press. $310.00 for rosin plate kit and press so not as much as you think. Dont press dry bud not as effective if you can help. It will absorb rosin if its dry.
Hey bro, can you post a parts list and let us know how it's working? 310$ for a real press seems prettttyyy good :smoking:

Hey bro, can you post a parts list and let us know how it's working? 310$ for a real press seems prettttyyy good :smoking:
It basically plug and play. I got a plate kit off Ebay, search rosin press plates kit there is a bunch. Then I bought a 6 ton shop press press from harbor freight the a Frame tabletop it was $80 and I used their 25% off and got for $60. Only 8 bolts to put press together very easy. Could have save 100.00 if I made from scratch but well worth the $100.00 in my opinion.

@Animatey If you have tools and know how to use them read my DIY 6 Ton Rosin Press thread in my signature. The whole press for under $300.

Im going to have to break out my plates and squish some buds. Packed them up in April to move to Michigan. Growing in a legal state is so much better on my nerves!
Whats your favorite to press @Mcdee
My favorites are double grape and grape sex. Dried to the point you can barely smoke it in a J and squish some purdy butter!

Im going to have to break out my plates and squish some buds. Packed them up in April to move to Michigan. Growing in a legal state is so much better on my nerves!
My favorites are double grape and grape sex. Dried to the point you can barely smoke it in a J and squish some purdy butter!
I'll give you 2 that were the best to press for yield and collecting. Mephisto Ripley's OG and Greenhouse Seed Company Kings Kush. They are tied for #1 because they're like the same. Dont know lineage of them but smell the same taste very similar both potent and yield very well. Also they collect almost completely leaving nothing behind. Anything Fastbuds so far has pressed great. Their gorilla glue was 1 of my favorites, tasted like movies popcorn butter. Not the popcorn just the butter. Hard to remember them all grape crinkle was good too a little rough on the throat tho. Dont matter in the end everything gets pressed anymore whether does well or not. Dont smoke flowers anymore rosin has ruined it lol.

Agree, Growing in a MJ Legal state is the best :pighug:

Back