Extraction Can you press fresh cut bud?

Im using the harbor freight H frame with a 12 ton. Do you have the A frame model?
No, I don't have a press yet. Trying to figure out which one to get. Plates say up to 20 tons, but I don't want to push them to their limit and wear them out or bend them. So looking at most likely a 12 ton.

Last edited:
Now I have no idea who it was that had a 6 ton press diy. Had list of all the parts for less than 250. I guess I will keep looking lol.
lol!! dont you hate when that happens!

Plates shipped today, so looks like Tuesday for delivery. Should have press that morning, so can do my first proper press!

Got my plates yesterday and my press today. Should be pressing tomorrow.

a fast air dry will work, then press it. You will loose some terps and potency on the fast dry, but it will get ya dabbin. The best is bud that has been slow dried and cured. That will press the best. Anything Mephisto or fastbuds will press awesome. Pressing is a learning experience, some strains will gush, that arent really that frosty and the frostiest bud wont press at all for some reason. Its all strain dependent. When in doubt, 180*F-200*F pressed from 30-60 seconds is the sweet spot. Gonna have to dial it in. Concentrates....what you put in, you get back ten fold!

Got my plates yesterday and my press today. Should be pressing tomorrow.
How did this work out for you? I’ve been wanting to try out pressing, but all the bugs I’ve done dry runs on didn’t do great. My next thought was moister herb. Hope your experience went well

How did this work out for you? I’ve been wanting to try out pressing, but all the bugs I’ve done dry runs on didn’t do great. My next thought was moister herb. Hope your experience went well
Good, I dont smoke flower anymore just rosin. Presses work well, I would never use a straightener again. Night and day, if I only used rosin and made with straightener that's all I would do all day is make rosin. I have a 2x4 inch pre press I fill with 3-6 grams and that last a good bit. Only press 1-2 a week my yield is much better now I have press. $310.00 for rosin plate kit and press so not as much as you think. Dont press dry bud not as effective if you can help. It will absorb rosin if its dry.

Good, I dont smoke flower anymore just rosin. Presses work well, I would never use a straightener again. Night and day, if I only used rosin and made with straightener that's all I would do all day is make rosin. I have a 2x4 inch pre press I fill with 3-6 grams and that last a good bit. Only press 1-2 a week my yield is much better now I have press. $310.00 for rosin plate kit and press so not as much as you think. Dont press dry bud not as effective if you can help. It will absorb rosin if its dry.

Stoked to know! I’ll be looking into a press! Good thing I do hair, the flat iron I bought to try pressing, went straight to hair tools draw once I realized its not as hyped as it looks‍♀️♀️ Thanks man!

Back