New Grower Can I get a pound with this setup?

Holdemgodmode

VINCENT VAN GROW
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Unknown bagseed
I'm a pretty knowledgable grower but only have 2 successfulls under my belt. Can I pull a pound? Were going to find out. I'll update with photos and stuff.

Setup
Strains - 2 gorilla glue autos & 2 blue dream autos from fast buds. 4 autos total.
Tent -36x36x72 vivosun
Light -1200 watt King Led (possibly add another one) giving me roughly 500 true watts
Ventilation - 4 inch vivosun inline fan pulling air from tent and pushing it through a 4 inch vivosun carbon filter. Also have a boxfan blowing new air in at the bottom.
Nutes - general organics GO box. Bio marine, bio weed, bio root, bio thrive, bio bud, bio bloom, cal mag, black diamond
Soil - FoxFarm Ocean Forrest
Ph-d water at 6.5 even with feeding
5 gallon grow bags

With this setup do you think I can pull a pound off these 4 autos?

Last edited:
I'm a pretty knowledgable grower but only have 2 successfulls under my belt. Can I pull a pound? Were going to find out. I'll update with photos and stuff.

Setup
Strains - 2 gorilla glue autos & 2 blue dream autos from fast buds. 4 autos total.
Tent -36x36x72 vivosun
Light -1200 watt King Led
Ventilation - 4 inch inline fan pulling air from tent and pushing it through a carbon filter. Also have a boxfan blowing new air in at the bottom.
Nutes - general organics GO box. Bio marine, bio weed, bio root, bio thrive, bio bud, bio bloom, cal mag, black diamond
Soil - FoxFarm Ocean Forrest
Ph-d water at 6.5 even with feeding
5 gallon grow bags

With this setup do you think I can pull a pound off these 4 autos?
Might need more light, that's only 235w at the wall. Might need 2 or 3 of those to get big numbers.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Might need more light, that's only 235w at the wall. Might need 2 or 3 of those to get big numbers.

Yep, lights matter a lot. You will also be unlikely to maintain an Optimum environment with your extraction/ intake system. It's always better to be oversized and able to run at a low idle if temperatures get cool.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I pulled nearly a 1\2 pound off a Dinafem Cheese Auto recently with a MarsHydro 400, (less than 200 watts actual draw). The buds were really fluffy, but good smoke! :headbang:

Yep, lights matter a lot. You will also be unlikely to maintain an Optimum environment with your extraction/ intake system. It's always better to be oversized and able to run at a low idle if temperatures get cool.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How is a 1200 watt light only pulling 235 at the wall??(or am I missing something?) I thought generally LEDs run at 40-45%. If thats the case, and the light is pulling 500 watts, then i think it could be feasible to hit 448grams.... just under a gram a watt.

Yes it's only 220-280 actual watts.
I do think I will need another light I'm going to order 1 more of the same one. That will give me roughly 500 watts true watts.

Also why do you think my exhaust will not be sufficient ?

Yes it's only 220-280 actual watts.
I do think I will need another light I'm going to order 1 more of the same one. That will give me roughly 500 watts true watts.

Also why do you think my intake will not be sufficient ?

Wow that is low draw for it being a 1200!! So yeah rollin and jingo are right...the chance of pulling 448 from 250W true draw is pretty slim indeed. PUlling 2gpw isnt something you see very often, except by the guys with the best up to date lighting systems, or the ones VERY dialed in.
With another light, it could be possible for sure, hopefully heat doesn't become a problem with a second unit addition.

It does get a little warm during the day in the tent with the 1200. It hasn't gotten hot enough to really alarm me yet because I still havent bought batteries for my temp gauge to see what the temp is. I worry if I add another 1200 heat would be an issue. If I dont end up adding one I might just ride it out and see what I can pull with it.

Wow that is low draw for it being a 1200!! So yeah rollin and jingo are right...the chance of pulling 448 from 250W true draw is pretty slim indeed. PUlling 2gpw isnt something you see very often, except by the guys with the best up to date lighting systems, or the ones VERY dialed in.
With another light, it could be possible for sure, hopefully heat doesn't become a problem with a second unit addition.

It's like my 6.2 litre engine in the car mate. It's really only a 1.2 but calling it a 6.2 makes it sound better! :crying::crying::crying:

Marketing BS to the extreme!

Honestly mate. I would say light is the LAST thing you need to get right. Autos don't need much light, but all cannabis needs a really good environment. Get that right, and keep it stable, and the sky (or the plant's genetic potential) is the limit.

Good luck buddy

Back