Calcium deficiency ?

Pebbles or stones in the bottom is a no no as the wicking properties are different than the soils an could cause problems with water uptake....an have not seen any real evidence that the air base actually does any good.
I mean those clay pebbles i keep reading about people using at the bottom of their autopots. Not like literal pebbles lol

I mean those clay pebbles i keep reading about people using at the bottom of their autopots. Not like literal pebbles lol
Yeah, I figured that but name wasn"t comming to mind....Hydroton pebbles...had to get up and look, lol..
Edit: I did try them in my first run cause that's what autopot was saying, since having it pointed out about the wicking properties I haven't used em so a bag is sitting on the shelf across the porch...

Morning @St. Tom ....DiffuseAir working pretty good, are you going to do a review on it?
I will do after this grow maybe as my first grow I never had it ducted in so I will of tried both ways them
also regarding the clay pebbles I grow with clay pebble mix in coco and I grow absolutely everything in them top fed and bottom fed even solo cups but the layer of pebbles aren't good

there coco clay pebble mix 50/50

Attachments

• 20221019_173447.jpg
    20221019_173447.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 35
My two cents... Use a tap between the reservoir and the autopots. When you fill the tank the pressure is higher and this can destabilize the mechanism. I had the same issue first grow and noticed that the soil was just to wet. When I installed the tap and slowed the output to a slow drip all was fine again.
Also the airdomes (or DIY counterpart) brings loads of oxygen into the soil and we all know how much roots love that stuff...

My two cents... Use a tap between the reservoir and the autopots. When you fill the tank the pressure is higher and this can destabilize the mechanism. I had the same issue first grow and noticed that the soil was just to wet. When I installed the tap and slowed the output to a slow drip all was fine again.
Also the airdomes (or DIY counterpart) brings loads of oxygen into the soil and we all know how much roots love that stuff...
Weird thing is my soil is pretty dry in one of the pots for the first couple inches and maybe three inches down i feel a little moistness. The other pot i feel moistness around the the stem of the plant at about 1 inch. Both pots are equally heavy tho so im wondering also if the water is just sitting in the bottom of the pot( for the plant thats yellowing/brown spots mainly) and the plant with the bent tips is the one thats moist almost all the way up the pot

Weird thing is my soil is pretty dry in one of the pots for the first couple inches and maybe three inches down i feel a little moistness. The other pot i feel moistness around the the stem of the plant at about 1 inch. Both pots are equally heavy tho so im wondering also if the water is just sitting in the bottom of the pot( for the plant thats yellowing/brown spots mainly) and the plant with the bent tips is the one thats moist almost all the way up the pot
You could take out the plant, pot and all if possible and smell the bottom. If it smells sour and bad...It's just to wet.
Turn of the autopot system. Add some bennies like Bactrex and Mycotrex and let them sort it out for you :thumbsup:
Also add some form of enzymes like Plagron Pure Zym, this will hasten the decomposition of the rotten roots and provide nutrients for the plants themselves.

You could take out the plant, pot and all if possible and smell the bottom. If it smells sour and bad...It's just to wet.
Turn of the autopot system. Add some bennies like Bactrex and Mycotrex and let them sort it out for you :thumbsup:
Also add some form of enzymes like Plagron Pure Zym, this will hasten the decomposition of the rotten roots and provide nutrients for the plants themselves.
No rotten smell just checked. Also checked the ph of tge water sitting in the tray… rookie question but my ph meter moves slowly down it starts at 8 seems to slow down alot by 7.4 then trickles down to 7.0 and keeps going… its been 5 minutes now its at 6.94 so maybe my ph is too high. But how do i change that if the water im putting in is 6.5. I have a hanna hi98115 meter.

Back