Grow Mediums Bubble Flow Buckets System?

Reaction score
This is my first foray into autoflowers. I've been reading up on various ways of trying to make the best out of my 5x5 grow tent. If I were to pack the tent, due to its location, I'd have a tough time getting to plants towards the back. I'd be able to water them, but trimming (dead leaves or rotting bud) would be difficult. I'm also afraid of having to move my plants to get them. I can just see myself towards the end of the grow moving a plant and having the main stem snap.

With all that said, I've been reading that autos can do well in a hydro system. Going hydro, although more expensive and complex for me, would give me the space needed to work on and train my babies while hopefully not compromising yield. So! Here are my questions:

1) Is it true that autos respond well with increased yield when in a hydro setup?
2) Does this hydro system look like it'd do well in this particular use case: https://supercloset.com/product/hyd...e-bubble-flow-buckets-hydroponic-grow-system/

Thank you!

Hi Bosby - Welcome to AFN!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I'm not a hydro grower (strictly speaking) but i've seen a good few of them and can recommend some good threads if you like.

The answer to A is definately yes - but as you say, maybe more involved.

As for that setup - i'm not sure, Autos can get pretty massive still in 12 weeks. The setup looks nice!

Lets say my tent is 1 feet deep by 3 feet wide, i've got enough room for 2 average sized autos and and carbon filter and fan.

Scaling that up (assuming you have the light coverage) for 5 x 5 .... 25 feet area of floorspace, that 6 would enable you almost 2 feet by 2 feet (or an area of 4.166 feet)

That sounds pretty good to me! - plenty of room for the 6 setup i'd say!

:coffee:

Autos love hydro. Ive grown in soil coco drip systems and dwc and in my opinion hydrllo is no more difficult than soil if you have a good ppm and ph pen and do some research.
That being said the easiest method of growing ive ever used is a wilma system give them a look over dude

This is my first foray into autoflowers. I've been reading up on various ways of trying to make the best out of my 5x5 grow tent. If I were to pack the tent, due to its location, I'd have a tough time getting to plants towards the back. I'd be able to water them, but trimming (dead leaves or rotting bud) would be difficult. I'm also afraid of having to move my plants to get them. I can just see myself towards the end of the grow moving a plant and having the main stem snap.

With all that said, I've been reading that autos can do well in a hydro system. Going hydro, although more expensive and complex for me, would give me the space needed to work on and train my babies while hopefully not compromising yield. So! Here are my questions:

1) Is it true that autos respond well with increased yield when in a hydro setup?
2) Does this hydro system look like it'd do well in this particular use case: https://supercloset.com/product/hyd...e-bubble-flow-buckets-hydroponic-grow-system/

Thank you!

YES....without question with the proper understanding and tools i.e. PH and PPM meters two plants of the same strain the one grown in hydro will be bigger and better than one in soil. My best soil grow was 2.9oz. My first plant in hydro was more than double that! My last DWC plant was 12.45oz! For a newbie hydro grower just start out with a couple simple stand alone bubble buckets, 5 gallon bucket and an airstone. I am not a fan of recirculating DWC for autoflower plants. Again different plants even of the same strain can have different "needs" and you can't tune into those needs with a linked system. Here is an example, my first Mehpisto Grape Crinkle loved almost 1,000PPM of feed. My current Grape Crinkle was happier at around 750PPM. A recirculating system in my eyes works better towards photoperiod clones that are all the same plant in theory.

What is your lighting solution?

Hi and welcome @T.C. Bosby . I think youve gone down the right route personally as im in the same situation basically
1) Is it true that autos respond well with increased yield when in a hydro setup?=depends on the setup and attention to detail and time spent of the grower but in short... Hell yes.
2) Does this hydro system look like it'd do well in this particular use case: https://supercloset.com/product/hyd...e-bubble-flow-buckets-hydroponic-grow-system/ = Top choice! ,chill it or make certain its under 21c best at 18c/19c,try to get the header in black if you can.and add alot of air to the solution also add an air stone/diffuser to the control rez. ;) GL bro look forward to seeing your future grows bro :)

YES....without question with the proper understanding and tools i.e. PH and PPM meters two plants of the same strain the one grown in hydro will be bigger and better than one in soil. My best soil grow was 2.9oz. My first plant in hydro was more than double that! My last DWC plant was 12.45oz! For a newbie hydro grower just start out with a couple simple stand alone bubble buckets, 5 gallon bucket and an airstone. I am not a fan of recirculating DWC for autoflower plants. Again different plants even of the same strain can have different "needs" and you can't tune into those needs with a linked system. Here is an example, my first Mehpisto Grape Crinkle loved almost 1,000PPM of feed. My current Grape Crinkle was happier at around 750PPM. A recirculating system in my eyes works better towards photoperiod clones that are all the same plant in theory.

Lighting is a 715W actual draw COB LED. I'm currently looking at DWC systems and AutoPots as opposed to working. :)

. I am not a fan of recirculating DWC for autoflower plants. Again different plants even of the same strain can have different "needs" and you can't tune into those needs with a linked system. Here is an example, my first Mehpisto Grape Crinkle loved almost 1,000PPM of feed. My current Grape Crinkle was happier at around 750PPM. A recirculating system in my eyes works better towards photoperiod clones that are all the same plant in theory.

Ya man I have had the same problem a few times.However keeping up with a big plant in a single bucket isn't fun. I can almost alway dial in something they will both be happy with.My last grow one plant finnished well ahead of the other. I had to disconnect it and run a drain line so I could flush by hand.

Back