Extraction BUBBLE BOWLS INTRODUCTION

Hmmmm I was wondering, would material kept at a higher humidity work better? I'm thinking that material stored with boveda packs to keep it at 62% RH would produce less plant matter in the hash.

Optimal storage and consumption relative humidity, such as 62%, is likely different than is optimal for making and consuming hash.

If ice is being used, I presume the starting water content of buds doesn't matter. Don't some even process fresh-frozen buds?

In general, I see no need or good for water being present in hash/concentrates. (unless for some reason needed to maintain texture). You want the trichomes to congeal, gunk together. Water is a diluent/contaminant, with removal sooner, such as during initial drying, seeming simpler and better than later in processing.

Last edited:
Yes and that's what got me thinking. with a slight amont of moister in the plant matter it will freeze. Yet it will still be less fragile than the trichrome stalks. It's the same reason water hash is clean.

If ice is being used, I presume the water content of buds doesn't matter. Don't some even process fresh-frozen buds?

Hmmmm I was wondering, would material kept at a higher humidity work better? I'm thinking that material stored with boveda packs to keep it at 62% RH would produce less plant matter in the hash.
I think so pop', I've been freezing the trim when it's still got a little bit of pliability in it, not quite fully dry... Fully dry or over dry will make it powered up pretty easily. Freezing (freezer, longer term) can drive moisture out, so too much is bad news especially when you start collecting the kief. Also, any lingering frost, high ambient RH%, warm room temps make the kief go gummy sticky fast, and it becomes too easy to smear even with light touching from a super thin fan shaped brush.... It's best to move quickly to tap and brush the kief out ASAP! I put wax paper or parchment down on the counter and tack it down, then tip the bowl on it's side and bang it on the counter over the paper to settle most of the kief at the bottom, then tap the mesh, then invert the bowl more to bang it onto the paper...brush out remains! :thumbsup: The less the kief gets touched, the better.... the flexible cards work well too, but as thing warm and moisten up, they become not so good fast... the brush is the best most gentle and effective tool I've tried so far...
The DI makes for super air moisture condenser, the longer super cold stuff sits exposed, the more moisture starts to gather on it from the hyper-cold air in immediate proximity... best runs happen in cool, lower RH% conditions...

I got this brush at a hobby/crafts store-->
b1.jpg
b2.jpg

Hey Bubble Bowl ! Welcome back ive been MIA due to illness from a pestie tick, i havent done concentrates yet.

@Bubble Bowls :toke: Hey man, welcome back! :welcome: :smokeout: ... it's been a while indeed,... Wow, you got burned out in Paradise last year? :frowny: I'm very sorry to hear that mate, what an utter shit-show that was,... But you're alive! :whew:... and so is the bizz!
Let's see if we can breath some life back in here.... @Cultivators ...everybody....
:greencheck: BB is offering a 20% discount, using the code DISCOUNT at the web site! :thanks:

I use mine every season on and off to process my trim, and I still love it! Nothing keeps the terp's rich and intact like DI hash :thumbsup:
I just made a run last week-->
View attachment 1326444View attachment 1326445

These are Pineapple (SeedStockers version, really Rosenthal's SuperBud), Strawberry Amnesia, and Psicodelicia.... The Psico was "lost" in the freeze for 4 years, and even then, while the terps are pretty flat (never was a stinker to begin with), the quality is excellent as you see, actually on all of them! This is the first time I've had 3 in a row made such gooey tarry stuff, as you see in the parchment paper they have that wet-look :drool:.....Can you believe this is the 120+90micron stuff combined?
All three are almost like budder when heated, unsmokeable raw in a pipe, way too melty! Luck of the draw I know,.... Contrarily, I have had some cultivars that were un-hash-able, just to dry-sandy to adhere properly :shrug:

One trick I have adopted: break the DI down into small chunks, 1inch or less... It really helps reduce the pulverizing effect and keeps less greens out of the kief if you shake a bit too long or hard....

Cheers BB, I hope we can drum up some bizz for you - :d5:

Looks tasty! Thanks for the feedback!

I usually tell people "golf ball" size chunks, but I think your 1 inch or less is better.

Hey @Bubble Bowls - I think I'm going to order soon. Just a quick question, does the outer packaging reveal anything about the contents? Is shipping through any type of Amazon fulfillment center? Which kit should I look at as a complete beginner and tired out old coot? Thankfully a nice review video was still up.

Hi @DCLXVI
I ship directly in a plain brown box.

If you're doing dry ice you probably will only need the 2 Stage Kit. If you want to do cold water you can add a 68 micron bowl to the three stage kit and that gives you all the best catch ranges. You'll need a workbag and perhaps a 45 micron bag to catch the finer stuff.

Don't forget to use the discount code DISCOUNT for 20% off.

Hi @DCLXVI
I ship directly in a plain brown box.

If you're doing dry ice you probably will only need the 2 Stage Kit. If you want to do cold water you can add a 68 micron bowl to the three stage kit and that gives you all the best catch ranges. You'll need a workbag and perhaps a 45 micron bag to catch the finer stuff.

Don't forget to use the discount code DISCOUNT for 20% off.
I was thinking about grabbing some of these, but wanted to know if the hybrid or ultimate kits were coming back instock?

Bubble Bowls

Nice to see ya back!
I just finished a little run with some dry ice. Pretty good haul for the amount of material I worked.
It's a damn good alternative in making concentrates for those without a freeze dryer and don't want to mess with freezing, microplaning and then drying.
If I do find a killer deal on a freeze dryer, I'd like to explore the bowls with ice water. If I get the additional bowls for ice water, roughly how much material can you effectively work before you need to stop and collect?

This gets squished tomorrow. :eyebrows:
IMG_20210930_225528121_HDR.jpg

Back