Brown/crispy leafs after "flush"/rewetting

Yeah I know, the picture isn't the best.. Took a quick picture tonight, with hps on unfortunately.
But you (whoever is interested) can still see how thin and twisted they are.
They were actually much more twisted (at least the new, small leafs) a couple of days ago.
And what I've found is that that it might be wind stress/damage.
No idea..

Attachments

• 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
Yeah I know, the picture isn't the best.. Took a quick picture tonight, with hps on unfortunately.
But you (whoever is interested) can still see how thin and twisted they are.
They were actually much more twisted (at least the new, small leafs) a couple of days ago.
And what I've found is that that it might be wind stress/damage.
No idea..
Got exactly the same problems.I cut today this plant that had those problems,She finished flawlessly except for the damages done by overwatering and lightstress on the vegetative phase.
I found that when I dimmed the light a bit weaker and Solved the overwatering problems.I found that I was watering too frequently not too much liters,but too many times.she recovered After I managed to solve the issue

Friend,the next time use a lot of perlite,It Is worth It,Will thank me later.Remember that if you mix Bb Lightmix with worm castings It Will retain water a lot more and you Will Need to water It less frequently.

Hey man. If your soil is ever hydrophobic, add some yucca powder. It help loosen the surface tension of water, which inturn makes it more absorbable. It only takes a very small amount. I like an 1/8th a teaspoon per gallon is plenty. Works great.

As far as whats wrong, it is hard to say. It does not look like what the others have posted saying it is the same. Someone posted a cal deficiency saying it was the same. Not the case.

It is quite possible the plant didn't like being soaked in water. The better way to go about it would be to put you plant and pot in a tray and bottom water/feed. Top irrigate a little, and put and inch of water in a tray and let the biobizz light mix soak it up. Give it 20-30 minutes. If it sucked up all the water, add a little more until the soil stops sucking it up. This will help not to shock your plant by dunking in water.

Get the watering figured out, and then we can see if you are still having issues.

Good luck growing! :cheers: :toke:

I stripped the really dried/damaged ones off but you can see it’s the same exact issue you’re having. They seem to be doing fine so I’m just watching my watering.
View attachment 1409896
View attachment 1409897
This looks like a classic cal issue. No signs of droopy leaves, which you see with overwatering. This looks completely different than the original post to me.

This looks like a classic cal issue. No signs of droopy leaves, which you see with overwatering. This looks completely different than the original post to me.
I give cal mag from the first feed. Through the beginning of flower. Leaves were droopy, really droopy for days. They’re perked back up now after I slowed down on the water.

Just because you see a calcium deficiency doesn't mean add more calcium. Excessive nutrients lock out other nutrients.

For example, feeding cal-mag for a calcium deficiency causes excess magnesium.
20220122_163806.jpg

Feeding excess magnesium, inturn causes calcium lockout which shows as a deficiency, you add more cal-mag and it just keep making the calcium deficiency worse.

I give cal mag from the first feed. Through the beginning of flower. Leaves were droopy, really droopy for days. They’re perked back up now after I slowed down on the water.
You should not have to add cal mag ever, especially in the first feeding unless you are growing in coco. There is plenty of calcium in pre mixed soils and in pretty much all nutrient lines.

You should not have to add cal mag ever, especially in the first feeding unless you are growing in coco. There is plenty of calcium in pre mixed soils and in pretty much all nutrient lines.
Maybe that’s where I’m messing up. I’ll stop using it. Thank you.

Back