Brown/crispy leafs after "flush"/rewetting

Having used BBLM for years and years in perpetual grows, I've yet to experience any of the problems reported in this thread with BBLM. It's been the most 'plug n play' medium I've ever used.

Not doubting, have you used it recently? Curious if the formula changed or perhaps a disreputable seller.

EDIT: The plug n play is what drew me initially plus recommendations from accomplished growers

Last edited:
Not doubting, have you used it recently? Curious if the formula changed or perhaps a disreputable seller.

EDIT: The plug n play is what drew me initially plus recommendations from accomplished growers
Yes, I have several plants in BBLM atm and have for years and been my most trustworthy medium since I started in 06. I get my BBLM from different sources and never had any issues I could attribute to formula change or anything strange. It's been plug and play for me as long as my patience is in check. Using small pots makes it really easy to KNOW when to water....

Hey @DCLXVI

Yeah, I talked to you about rewetting my orange bud as that was the one I initially had issues with.
And it worked wonders.
Its much better than it was.

Did the same thing to the other 2 orange buds plus the 2 Brooklyn sunrise that's in this post.

And (double checked all 4 today) it seems it's only one of them with these spots and crusty leafs.
The one I took pictures of, one of the Brooklyn sunrise plants.

The other ones seems "fine", only a slight nuteburn (little bit yellow on the tips.)

Maybe the roots got damaged somehow?
It's only been 2 days, so I'll update the post if anything changes.
The soil on all the plants are still moist.

Really, really regretting not adding 30-50% Perlite in the soil...
Would have made things better I'm thinking.

Well they ain't dead at least, haha.
But no matter how much or little I water, they seem to never raise their leaves.
Think I need to try Coco, or at least much more perlite next time.
The soil is really.. "thick", kinda hard to push a finger down to feel if it's wet/dry.
The one with the brown/damaged leave is still growing, wich I topped as well. Before the flush, if I remember correctly.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
Imo, they look almost overwatered? The spotting on the leaves could be ph or root rot issues (both of which would make sense if they are overwatered). Definitely try the yucca.

I pulled this off the internet but I may explain why they are acting up post soaking.

Most moisture-loving plants prefer good or average drainage. The roots of the vast majority of land plants obtain their oxygen directly from the soil, so flooding and saturated or anaerobic soil can kill roots by suffocation. I advise all gardeners to guarantee good drainage, because all it takes is one very wet week in a poorly drained garden to wreak havoc. Drainage isn’t a fun topic, it’s just an essential aspect of successful horticulture.
When soil becomes saturated all the air pockets become water-filled and roots lose their source of oxygen. In warm, wet summers roots can suffocate in waterlogged soils in 24 hours or, at least, their defence systems against root rot disease become compromised. Consequently, roots will be attacked by pathogenic fungi, nematodes and bacteria.

Guys,I use Biobizz all nutes line and the light mix for my autoflowers.What I did find Is that the picture you are showing delibera the story of overwatered pots.My plant looked like that and had the same problems in some leaves.It stayed that way untill I succeeded in drying the medium and restoring a Better watering practice.Example:Water 2 liters every 2-3 days in 24 ° Celsius.You have to count in Humidity also, temperature and the growing stage of the plant.Also,I used a lot of perlite,never go low on perlite.

Screenshot_20211210-165044_Foto.png

I’m actually having the same issue with a few of my plants. Definitely from overwatering. I ended up with some different pots than I’m use to using (thanks Amazon) and they hold a lot of water. My leaves are dried and break when I touch them. I have my watering in check now and the plants are doing fine. These plants don’t need much water honestly until mid to late flower. I’ve found that watering as well as feeding, less ends up being more.

Well they ain't dead at least, haha.
But no matter how much or little I water, they seem to never raise their leaves.
Think I need to try Coco, or at least much more perlite next time.
The soil is really.. "thick", kinda hard to push a finger down to feel if it's wet/dry.
The one with the brown/damaged leave is still growing, wich I topped as well. Before the flush, if I remember correctly.
I stripped the really dried/damaged ones off but you can see it’s the same exact issue you’re having. They seem to be doing fine so I’m just watching my watering.
5D9A3E05-2809-4528-B642-B49461ACDF54.jpeg

269C8D33-6000-49DA-8FE9-EA64C07CE06F.jpeg

I'm almost giving up on the one that's mostly damaged.
Well.. Maybe not giving up, but I don't think it will end up good.
But, I see it like a "learning" plant, not expecting anything good out of it. (to be honest, all of the plants are "learning" plants lol)
As I've now got another issue with it.
I'll take some pictures later/tomorrow.
The leafs have now become super thin and "twirly" wich I thought was too much wind/wind damage.
But now I'm not sure...

Back