Bomb Seeds Bomb Seeds presents the 2023 Welly Boot Competition

I went to a thrift store today and they wanted $24 for some beat-up old cowboy boots. There was no price on the riding boots but I figured they were out of my range because they weren't beat up and they are charging a premium on everything.

So I still haven't found my boot, but I'm looking!

I'm going with these boots. They're murder on my feet and are pretty thrashed anyway. Ignore the boxer - she'd ignore you if she knew you existed.
20230617_190856.jpg

I'm going to put a Chick Magnet in one in hopes the small "pot" size doesn't slow it down too much. For the other, I'm not sure. Probably a landrace, definitely a regular seed, which is the reason for two boots.

Only 3 days and went straight to pot after a few hour soak...now I can see action in the rockwool cubes.....Dark jedi x Whos Daddy is what im growing... @Mrs.InkAddict is growing Devils cream x who's Daddy....should be up ny tomorrow at least one in the black boot....i think one in hers too...my own crosses...
20230618_083039.jpg

Okay last post for awhile. I have a Chick Magnet bagseed with a story (below) and a Kumaoni x Afgaan 90 seed. I filled the boots with homemade living soil, though nutes will be Happy Frog topdress and composted chicken poop for veg. I put the seeds in pods and directly into the soil.

20230618_080911.jpg

The chick magnet bagseed has a story. I ran a great Chick Magnet from seed and made a clone. I ran the clone a couple of times. It always had a good chance of herming, but didn't always. An associate ran it and it did herm. I got some bud from him which contained one seed, and kept it. This seed. I know it may herm, but its mother had crazy stretch. Something it's going to need in this old boot.

The Kumaoni x Afgaan 90 is a chucking project and I have 20-30 seeds to grow out. I chose this one because I expect a lot of vigor, which is something I'll need for this amount of soil. This seed is a regular, so 50/50 it's a male. If so, it will be consigned to the old shoe pile. Of course if it's a female, I'll be taking a clone because this is also a single component of a pheno hunt.

Last edited:
I'm sure we got baby plants up....I'll have to check...but last night it was almost there in my boot...

DWC=Deep Welly Culture?
Not wanting to waste a perfectly fine right boot I am running one DWC using the same setup I did when I ran a Solo DWC successfully. The Nalgene bottle reservoir acts as an Automated Top Off (ATO) which fills the boot with nutrient solution using gravity and pressure/vacuum. Not worried if she can’t officially compete just tagging this one along for fun if not. It will be fun to see the difference between organic soil and conventional DWC
Walter White Bx1 DWC day 1
73E8AAAB-2E72-4227-8989-568A12F8080E.jpeg

959BE76C-AE8F-432A-947F-E1A1EE8F80F4.jpeg

And Day 7 for
Walter White Bx1 Soil Welly
0812BA10-EE83-45C8-9EB4-295D9A9D93D7.jpeg

Back