Bomb Seeds Bomb Seeds presents the 2023 Welly Boot Competition

The Afgaan 90 x Kumaoni (right) is really taking off. I still don't know the sex. The Chick Magnet bagseed (left) has grown mucho but not as much.
20230715_124512.jpg

They're both healthy, so I'm happy.

Well, I'm going to call it a fail and withdraw. Nothing I've tried has made any improvement at all so I'm just going to cull these girls. Still need to add supplement to the mason jar as it seems to be N deficient.
IMG20230716084024.jpg

Well, I'm going to call it a fail and withdraw. Nothing I've tried has made any improvement at all so I'm just going to cull these girls. Still need to add supplement to the mason jar as it seems to be N deficient.View attachment 1614881
Sorry bud! these babies are rocking 😎
16895126084645823300585808738783.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I'm going to call it a fail and withdraw. Nothing I've tried has made any improvement at all so I'm just going to cull these girls. Still need to add supplement to the mason jar as it seems to be N deficient.View attachment 1614881
May I ask what soil and feeding you were using? I'm using 4th generation used living soil and low doses of Megacrop.....

May I ask what soil and feeding you were using? I'm using 4th generation used living soil and low doses of Megacrop.....
My normal mix of used HF with Osmocote added in. Works well normally with occasionally a MegaCrop supplement when they go light in color. The mason jar plant has the same mix from the same bucket and is water only ( with HydroGuard ) so far, it needs a MC boost I think. Just chopped a WW that was about 3' tall and 3' around using same mix. I truly think it's something in the boot leaching into the soil.

My normal mix of used HF with Osmocote added in. Works well normally with occasionally a MegaCrop supplement when they go light in color. The mason jar plant has the same mix from the same bucket and is water only ( with HydroGuard ) so far, it needs a MC boost I think. Just chopped a WW that was about 3' tall and 3' around using same mix. I truly think it's something in the boot leaching into the soil.
They look hungry to me?

This little competition looked like fun so I got a couple boots going myself. :mrgreen:
Running a ILGM Jack Herer and a ILGM Bruce Banner in size 12 boots. … both autos growing outdoors in Big City coco/perlite mix and being fed 650 PPM of Humboldt’s Secrets A&B with the PH hovering around 6.0-6.3.
Had a minor problem around day 10 by not paying attention to the babies and skipped a couple feedings, they both dried up pretty good and I really didn’t think they would pull through but gave them a little TLC and now they are finally on the right track. Definitely stunted them a bit and set them back by at least a week but growing strong now even when temps are close to 100F.

1689565263030.jpeg

Day 2
1689565365225.jpeg

Day 9
IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

Day 23
IMG_2088.jpeg

Day 26
IMG_2169.jpeg
IMG_2170.jpeg
IMG_2171.jpeg