Dutch Passion Bob's Dutch Passion Grow - Auto Night Queen and Auto White Widow do Karel's BioTabs...

Hey AFN Fam :bighug:

Let me begin by saying this is by far the easiest grow I've done/doing so far!! I think that when the second tray is connected to the tank I can leave for several days and come back to a perfectly running tent. The only thing I would rather also be able to do remote is adjust the light and extraction fan, so I'm going to figure something out that'll allow me to do just that... :d5:
But I digress...Thank you @Antonio_DutchPassion for suggesting BioTabs!! You've made my life so much easier. The only downside is...I'm visiting the tent not as often. :shrug::haha:
No, in all seriousness...You've convinced me in that even a monkey can grow weed with BioTabs. Never thought I would get this as a result. Thank you!!

Ok, on with the grow...

Again I did some leaf tucking on my White Widow and even though she'll be all perked up in a couple of hours the shoots will have received enough light to hopefully grow through the canopy :goodluck:
Auto White Widow - day 20
View attachment 1432978

Really love the quality of the photo's from my new phone. AI mode rules!! :headbang:
View attachment 1432979

A close-up from where I topped her...
View attachment 1432980

Auto Night Queen is making very large and thin leaves. Almost Sativa like, but her growth is very Indica staying low to the ground and starting to create a bushy structure.
Auto Night Queen n°1 - day 20
View attachment 1432981

She grows so wide that her shoots don't have to fight for light as is the case with the White Widow. So no leaf tucking or topping for this lady of the night.
View attachment 1432982

View attachment 1432983

Next up are the two younglings which are exactly half the age of the eldest ladies...
Auto Night Queen n°2 - day 10
View attachment 1432984

They are starting to take off. Previously being busy growing a sturdy root system and talking sh!t with the mycelium :crying:
Auto Night Queen n°2 - day 10
View attachment 1432985

I've started to use the leaf tips as my guideline to where I water around the plant. This way I prevented one of the two BioTabs from getting wet to soon in the grow. I think this is the way to do it with Auto's. On the BioTabs website there's a clip where Karel says to wait with the second BioTab until day 20 or so, but I foresaw the root system being damaged if I pushed that puck in there deep enough, so I put the two BioTabs in opposing corners of the pot, one being on the outside and almost in contact with the wet soil :thumbsup:
Auto Night Queen n°3 - day 10
View attachment 1432986

Auto Night Queen n°3 - day 10
View attachment 1432987

I hope you enjoyed todays post :thanks:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Your more than welcome Bob! I knew you had it in you to get this organic show on the road! :pighug:

If I can give you a tip looking at the latest post, start taking away some (fan)leaves of the biggest 2 ladies.
It is going to be cramped in there! They will continue to keep growing for a while and the two young ladies still need to get going too.
I'm not sure what the height of your 60x60cm is, but I wouldn't top the others as they would be growing even wider, try supercropping the main branch when she is a little older/stiff instead.

Plants are looking lush mate, so keep it up and keep them green :headbang:

If I can give you a tip looking at the latest post, start taking away some (fan)leaves of the biggest 2 ladies.
I was thinking that myself, but wanted your advise first. Don't want to stunt them by removing fan leaves. I'll start slow and take a few every day :thumbsup:
Thanks again for the follow-up mate!!!

Last edited:
Hey guys, Antonio :welcome:

So...I followed your advice mate. I removed some foliage. Nothing to extreme, but mainly the largest of the lower fan leaves and small shoots from those lower branches...

"come come, watch the horror..."
giphy.gif

From the top it all seems ok, doesn't it...
Auto White Widow - day 25
1647973817766_small.jpg

But down below... A massacre has taken place... :naughtystep:
1647973817760_small.jpg

Removed everything with a sterilized pair of trimming scissors...
1647973817755_small.jpg

The same happened to Night Queen n°1, but I also took the leaf below, as this still outplaced itself above Night Queen n°2 :shrug:
Auto Night Queen n°1 - day 25
1647973817746_small.jpg

From below you can see what was removed. So many nice side shoots...Think I'll put them in a SCROG. What do you guys think?
1647973817739_small.jpg

Did some leaf tucking on n°3, n°2's side shoots aren't long enough...
Auto Night Queen n°3 - day 15
1647973817727_small.jpg

Nope, nada, no time lapse for today...This was only an update upon Antonio's suggestion to remove the bigger fanleaves. And otherwise you guys won't have one tomorrow :chimp:

Regards,

Hey guys, Antonio :welcome:

So...I followed your advice mate. I removed some foliage. Nothing to extreme, but mainly the largest of the lower fan leaves and small shoots from those lower branches...

"come come, watch the horror..."
giphy.gif

From the top it all seems ok, doesn't it...
View attachment 1435354

But down below... A massacre has taken place... :naughtystep:
View attachment 1435355

Removed everything with a sterilized pair of trimming scissors...
View attachment 1435356

The same happened to Night Queen n°1, but I also took the leaf below, as this still outplaced itself above Night Queen n°2 :shrug:
View attachment 1435357

From below you can see what was removed. So many nice side shoots...Think I'll put them in a SCROG. What do you guys think?
View attachment 1435358

Did some leaf tucking on n°3, n°2's side shoots aren't long enough...
Auto Night Queen n°3 - day 15
View attachment 1435359

Nope, nada, no time lapse for today...This was only an update upon Antonio's suggestion to remove the bigger fanleaves. And otherwise you guys won't have one tomorrow :chimp:

Regards,

Good job mate, did some defol last night too, gona tie them down more tonight and spread them out further to expose the inner branches more
Top work mate, you got me wanting to try bio weapons now lol
Edit::::bio-tabs lol
not bio weapons haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey boys and girls...look what the mailman dropped in my mailbox :coffee:
And it ain't even my birthday yet!! :yay:Many, many thanks go out to Antonio for being the culprit behind this package. ♥♥ ♥
1648047171467_small.jpg

Ah...Secret santa... Three test seeds from which I know nothing about. I'm honored to be one of the selected few buddy :bighug:
1648047171458_small.jpg

Love them old time genetics like Skunk, WW & NL. So this one will be grown out for sure :cheers:
1648047171454_small.jpg

So that was very nice of him for sending me those seeds, wasn't it? :d5:
For today I've got another show of force. The plants are growing like there is no tomorrow.
I now have about 25cm/10" space between the top of the WW and the bottom of the light...
1648116299716_small.jpg

Saw someone (sorry I suck with names ánd I'm a Stoner :shrug: ) post a neat way to hang the light closer to the ceiling with using pulleys instead of the metal wire that came with the light. I had the same brainfart a couple of weeks ago so I ordered four of them pulleys so I could just do that... These have been waiting until now :thumbsup:
Hf23a2fbae7284b2aa99168e468bb862e5.jpg

The plants have been drinking 5L/day until now, but that is changing quite fast. I'm now at approx. 7.5L/day (guessing) for the four of 'm. But as the two smaller Night Queens start to take off that'll probably change to 10L/day, which means I'll have to start using the original tank supplied with Easy2Grow set and that moth3rF#ck3r is BIG...
giphy.gif

Look at this monstrosity!! She's been growing non-stop at a pace I've rarely seen before and even that was wíth the use of PGR's!! :yoinks:
Auto White Widow - day 27
1648116299712_small.jpg

Everywhere there are pistils forming...
1648116299706_small.jpg

...more important in the main top of the plant.
1648116299701_small.jpg

Yes, after defoliating these are all bud sites you're looking at :coffee:
1648116299695_small.jpg

And a long overdue time lapse. Three days at 25fps... Enjoy :pop:

Oh...touching this Night Queen while defoliating took me back 25-30 years. The smell emanating from my hands reminds me the good old days.:drunks:
Auto Night Queen n°1 - day 27
1648116299687_small.jpg

This one is starting to take off being just behind her sister n°4. I'm stoked I've got three of these Afghan beauties for making hasish with. :hookah:
Auto Night Queen n°2 - day 17
1648116299684_small.jpg

And last but not least. Night Queen n°3. She has taken off already...growth accelerating and probably the cause of the sudden extra use of H2O...
I've been doing a daily/bi-daily leaf tucking with this one and today is no different. :d5:
Auto Night Queen n°3 - day 17
1648116299680_small.jpg

Again, hope you enjoyed your stay and have a nice day!!!

Regards,

Hey growers and blowers :pass:

Another fine and problem free update from within my tent... Everyone is growing like there is no tomorrow. I did find something to do what I've not had to do with the solo's...Defoliating... I removed another handful of leaves and small shoots from underneath the top foliage.
The temperature and humidity are within spec most of the time, sometimes going as low as 21.9°C / 71.4°F and with the lights on 24/0 that's a bit of a waste of energy as the plant's aren't using the photons as efficient at those lower temperatures...
2022-03-26-20-24-06-321.jpg

Front left: Auto White Widow, Back left: Auto Night Queen n°1, Back right: Auto Night Queen n°2, Front right: Auto Night Queen n°3
1648300666212_small.jpg

She's done stretching. If you look at the time lapse I posted in my other thread you can clearly see that...
Auto White Widow - day 29
1648300666237_small.jpg

Tried to do some LST on that lower branch. It was to big to amputate as it would have made a to big wound.
But it's to small to get some decent bud from it...So I found a good use for this branch...
I applied some freshly made STS to the top node with a Q-tip, but to prevent that top from touching anything else I manipulated the branch into that position.
All the branches of the White Widow are very easily manipulated. That's why I'm going to install the SCROG net(s).
Auto White Widow - day 29
1648300666234_small.jpg

These pictures were taken after another round of defoliating. That's why she looks so beaten up :naughtystep:
But I guarantee you, she's up and running by now...
Auto Night Queen n°1 - day 29
1648300666229_small.jpg

I removed the smallest of the shoots to reroute the available energy to the biggest bud sites. Also leaves which were growing inward were removed. This gives this lady a very slouchy look, but again all those holes in the canapy will soon be filled with fanleaves from the shoots.
Auto Night Queen n°1 - day 29
1648300666232_small.jpg

Finally the shoots were long enough so I could apply some leaf tucking. I did also remove two opposing fan leaves as to create two holes in the canopy through which the smaller shoots can grow. After tucking those leaves on Night Queen n°3 for multiple times and finally removing them I thought I'd skip that this time and go right ahead to snipping them off.
Auto Night Queen n°2 - day 19
1648300666226_small.jpg

One of the tucked leaves. Give it a couple of hours and it is standing firm and upright again... Only by twisting it around the stem and over another branch I can postpone that process.
Auto Night Queen n°2 - day 19
1648300666222_small.jpg

So I finally removed those two fanleaves which I kept tucking away. This opened up the entire canopy and brings much needed energy into the lower regions of the plant. She's reaching for the sky now.
Auto Night Queen n°3 - day 19
1648300666218_small.jpg

You gotta love good genetics, don't ya? That combined with a foolproof way of growing... Look at how healty these plants are!! ♥ ♥ ♥
Auto Night Queen n°3 - day 19
1648300666215_small.jpg

giphy.gif

Regards,

@JSH1973 @Suki813 @St. Tom @Trichome farmer @pop22 @blue @WildBill @nizmoKush @MassMom @Antonio_DutchPassion @TheMongol @Sour D @Wian @AJrexxx @Bmurrciless @DCLXVI @Trichome Jim @greeninNY @Steviestash @Olderfart @DDubs @The Mugwamp

Back