Lighting Boards vs Cobs?

Reaction score
Hey

What are peoples opinions on the difference between quantum boards and cobs?

Im currently running a 4 plant grow but i have a spare 3x3 lying around that i was considering putting 2x 5 gallon plants in but wasnt sure wether to put 2x 100w cobs in for super concentrated penetration or 1 240w Quantun board instead.

Would love to hear your guys thoughts and info :)

Either will work. I like the light distribution of the quantum option, but i am not sure whether the footprint of that light will be an advantage in a 3x3.

Hey

What are peoples opinions on the difference between quantum boards and cobs?

Im currently running a 4 plant grow but i have a spare 3x3 lying around that i was considering putting 2x 5 gallon plants in but wasnt sure wether to put 2x 100w cobs in for super concentrated penetration or 1 240w Quantun board instead.

Would love to hear your guys thoughts and info :)

I would use the board in the middle and the cobs on the side. Either style of lighting works though.

I started with a cob style light. Very good penetration but not very good distribution. 655 watt 6 cob Aglex fixture. Really only good for a 3.5x3.5 area. Upgraded to hlg 600 rspec and now I get the penetration as well as distribution. More than covers my 4x4 area with great penetration still and less wattage. Won’t ever go back to cobs. Not that the one I had was the greatest but it did work and did give me some experience with cobs.

Back