Indoor Blueberry cookies

Start of the light cycle 7 hours approx into the light cycle
20230622_221949.jpg

Not too shabby, let em' run. Bigger pots are usually bigger plants but longer running. If you are in coco you need to fertigate to runoff everytime. 20% is a good guide. If 1 litre put in then you should look for at least 200ml of runoff. If you have not been doing this you need to get those pots into a big enough bin and run a load of nute mix through.

I check EC/ppm going in of course but also the runoff ppm. I try and keep runoff ppm no more than 300 higher than input. If I am fertigating with 500ppm solution then the runoff needs to stay below 800ppm. If it is higher then I either need to add more volume or reduce nute strength.

I would run a couple litres through and check that runoff EC/ppm value.

What is your current feed strength and pH?

They are looking alright buddy! Just give 'm time. They're only 28 days old, so don't worry. :thumbsup:
That stretchy one is just a bit early going into flower and doing the stretchy thing...Unless it's an F2 from a cross between an Indica and a Sativa ;)

Not too shabby, let em' run. Bigger pots are usually bigger plants but longer running. If you are in coco you need to fertigate to runoff everytime. 20% is a good guide. If 1 litre put in then you should look for at least 200ml of runoff. If you have not been doing this you need to get those pots into a big enough bin and run a load of nute mix through.

I check EC/ppm going in of course but also the runoff ppm. I try and keep runoff ppm no more than 300 higher than input. If I am fertigating with 500ppm solution then the runoff needs to stay below 800ppm. If it is higher then I either need to add more volume or reduce nute strength.

I would run a couple litres through and check that runoff EC/ppm value.

What is your current feed strength and pH?

Ph is at 6.0 but not sure on ec atm. I'm now in the process of modifying my run off catchment so I can check it easier. Will admit the catchment has been dry though but with a dripper is a little bit trickier to get right so I'm spending abit more time working on that. Hopefully can get it right very soon

So I've adjusted my drippers and added some bits of alloy pipe with drilled pizza trays to give my catchment some more space. I'll actually make or resource some stands that I can get a cup under to collect any extra run off. The happiest plant had run off under it where the others didn't so I've tried adjusting my other drippers to that. The run off was 6.2 and my feed is around 6 so my coco is good just dry.
20230623_171027.jpg
20230623_165253.jpg
20230623_165236.jpg

Hello you are not putting enough water through them coco needs to stay very moist not dry as it gets hydrophobic and water cant spread through the medium creating dry spots and salt build up you need at least 25% run of each watering not just a little dribble you have to treat coco like hydro not soil other wise you are going to have loads of problems as coco is not forgiving like soil
These are in 1.75 gallon pots they are fed 2 x a day with 20% to 25% run off
This little one has 1.25LTR a day
MAC MUFFIN D8.jpg

This girl has 3.3LTR a day
SKY D54.jpg

This one has 3.3LTR aday
TOOTH D60.jpg

This way there is no dry spots and all salts are flushed out each day

Last edited:
Hello you are not putting enough water through them coco needs to stay very moist not dry as it gets hydrophobic and water cant spread through the medium creating dry spots and salt build up you need at least 25% run of each watering not just a little dribble you have to treat coco like hydro not soil other wise you are going to have loads of problems as coco is not forgiving like soil

These are in 1.75 gallon pots they are fed 2 x a day with 20% to 25% run off

This little one has 1.25LTR a day

This girl has 3.3LTR a day

This one has 3.3LTR aday

This way there is no dry spots and all salts are flushed out each day

I've upped the amount

So I've upped my feeds to try and achieve more run and the girls are finally seaming happier. Hopefully it'll fix any issues I've been having. Almost considering going back to hand feeding but I think I'm almost getting a good set up on the auto feed set up @Del boy
20230624_001657.jpg

@Noideakush - Good effort but like @Del boy is saying : You need a lot more volume through those pots. Keep it wet. You nearly can't overwater in coco unless you absolutely drown them.

I would suggest taking them to the bathtub and running 4-5L of nutrient solution through each one. Do you have an EC or PPM meter? If you're going to continue growing it will be a tool that gets a lot of use. I would not chase runoff pH as the plants can alter it greatly especially at flowering time. As long as input pH is correct you are good. I do suggest checking runoff EC/ppm. If your input is 400ppm and your runoff is 1400ppm they need a heavy flush to move all the salt nutrient build up out.

In the middle of typing this I see you've replied. Yes, they do look better and I think they will continue to perk up and thrive if you keep up with more volume. Never water only, always water + nutrients = Fertigate. Coco grows great plants easily but requires maintenance and constant fertigation. Dripper systems are good if you keep them on continuous or heavy sessions. Collecting and draining the waste water is a chore. Good luck!

Back