New Grower Black Stone Grow (LED in Coco) by AeonSophia

when growing in coco you do not want the medium to dry out. You can treat coco like soil, but why. Once your roots get established you want to feed multiple times a day. Every time you water the coco you are giving the plants fresh oxygen. I'm still new to growing ,but I try to get the most out of my plants, in the short time that they grow. Once the roots get established you seriously cannot over water in coco.
Everyone has there own way of growing, especially in coco. My 2 liter containers are being fed at least 3 times a day. With multiple feedings you can use lower ppm in your feed if you notice burning.
Sorry for the rant lol.:cheers:

You can overwater any medium really, overwatering is the [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] issue in all new gardens, when you first transplant, give the pot a shake to see how heavy it is, every time it feels light, it's time to water. Once you have the overall water consumption of a given strain down then you can automate super easy. Coco can also go dry for the most part as it's hydrophyllic aka loves water, peat on the other hand is hydrophobic that's why you see wetting agents in peat based mediums, I use poly film on top of my pots so the medium never goes dry, and the white poly diffuses light. It's amazing how much light is lost to the dark pots, soil, flood tables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why dont you start a thread and show us all how its done? Finish a grow and we can smoke some together eh. :crying:

You can overwater any medium really, overwatering is the [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] issue in all new gardens, when you first transplant, give the pot a shake to see how heavy it is, every time it feels light, it's time to water. Once you have the overall water consumption of a given strain down then you can automate super easy. Coco can also go dry for the most part as it's hydrophyllic aka loves water, peat on the other hand is hydrophobic that's why you see wetting agents in peat based mediums, I use poly film on top of my pots so the medium never goes dry, and the white poly diffuses light. It's amazing how much light is lost to the dark pots, soil, flood tables.

You said coco can go dry for the most part, then you go on to talk about how you do not let your coco dry out.
I also stated once roots are established you cannot over water. I flood my containers many times a day and never show signs of over water, and I have daily growth. Never said anything about transplanting, because if you transplant then the roots are not established in the pot that you transplanted in.
Now I need to go smoke just gave me a head ache:wall:

I appreciate the advice, but I respectfully disagree with the notion that feeding every day would be the best course of action for my setup. General Organics tends to come out a bit too acidic and requires some time to climb to a good pH for coco. This could be solved by bubbling it 24 hours in advance as Noob420 mentioned, and I do want to get an airstone to speed up the evaporation of chlorine and other gasses, but I still don't feel like it's the best course of action right now to water every day. I want to give the microherd some time to break down the organic nutrients so my plants can absorb them efficiently before flooding it with fresh nutrients. My growing medium actually hasn't been getting very dry at all after sitting for a day. Even the top is still a little moist. Keep in mind I'm using an LED, which doesn't make for very fast evaporation.

In other news, I picked up some Sensizym recently. It should catalyze the organic processes of the bacteria and fungus to break down the nutrients more efficiently, as well as start breaking up the dead root matter, which will then become more food for the plants and microherd. If it does a good job at breaking down the dead roots, that will make reusing the coco a lot easier. I'm excited to see how it works.

Last edited:
In some more other news, I decided to feed the elder Black Stone several more times, but I'll start flushing this week probably.

In the mean time, I just couldn't help myself so I took a little sample bud from toward the bottom of the plant and trimmed it. I'll let it dry for a bit and see how it smokes. It's so sticky and smells amazing, and oh those colors.
20170328_235650.jpg

20170329_015547.jpg

Last edited:
In some more other news, I decided to feed the elder Black Stone several more times, but I'll start flushing this week probably.

In the mean time, I just couldn't help myself so I took a little sample bud from toward the bottom of the plant and trimmed it. I'll let it dry for a bit and see how it smokes. It's so sticky and smells amazing, and oh those colors. View attachment 724390
View attachment 724399
Nice. Let us know how that beauty tester went.

How was the sample bud? Those stones are great genetics!

20170406_185844.jpg
20170406_185949-1.jpg
20170406_190019-1.jpg
20170406_190002-1.jpg
20170406_190317.jpg

Even without proper drying and curing, that bud was smooth and stoney and easily burnt to fine ash. I can't wait to see how it comes out after going through the whole process. Now it's time to harvest! I've waited so long for this moment and I feel blessed to have raised such a beautiful plant. Here's to amazing smokes and better tomorrows.

Attachments

• 20170406_185844.jpg
    20170406_185844.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 48
How many days did it go?

Back