Nutrients BIOTABS HELP, CUSTOMER FEEDBACK & GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Hey all
I have received my biotabs starter pack, so now I really need to get my head around a few things

I am going to be growing in canna pro plus with autopots.
My water has a base EC of 0.3 and a PH of 7.x
Would I need to consider bringing my PH down to 5.8 considering we are using coco here?
Do I need to consider calmag or similar substitute as reading on some of the journals here, people are doing just that. (Which do you recommend?)

Any other supplements to enhance or support the use of biotabs or do I just go with the starter pack provided and that’s it?

That’s all I can think of for now but I am sure I will have more questions.
Thanks

Hey all
I have received my biotabs starter pack, so now I really need to get my head around a few things

I am going to be growing in canna pro plus with autopots.
My water has a base EC of 0.3 and a PH of 7.x
Would I need to consider bringing my PH down to 5.8 considering we are using coco here?
Do I need to consider calmag or similar substitute as reading on some of the journals here, people are doing just that. (Which do you recommend?)

Any other supplements to enhance or support the use of biotabs or do I just go with the starter pack provided and that’s it?

That’s all I can think of for now but I am sure I will have more questions.
Thanks
no need to worry about ph with biotabs it self adjusts itself when it comes to addmendments i cant really say im only on my first run with biotabs in coco myself but i do know there are a few thread on here by ryker and hippy that will help you out i added lime to my coco to help with any cal mag problem i might encounter hope this helps a bit

Last edited:
no need to worry about ph with biotabs it self adjusts itself when it comes to addmendments i cant really say im only on my first run with biotabs i coco myself but i do know there are a few thread on here by ryker and hippy that will help you out i added lime to my coco to help with any cal mag problem i might encounter hope this helps a bit

Thanks
How do you know how much lime to put in?

Cheers
Do we have to prep the coco at all
I.e wash it with ph 5.8 water?

Just reading the instructions and it refers to cutting or seedling.
I plan to germinate in paper towel and then put directly into 15L autopot.
It would seem the instructions doesn’t cover that as being ok, no mention of it?

Also instructions suggest a sub rate mix of 50/50 combinations
I plan to use all coco with just some clay pebbles at the bottom, but no mention of this.

Do I have to transplant a seedling before I can use biotabs? Or can I do as planned
Can I use all coco and some clay pebbles as planned?

@Hippy_BiotabsF70 @Ryker604_BT

Last edited:
Cheers
Do we have to prep the coco at all
I.e wash it with ph 5.8 water?

Just reading the instructions and it refers to cutting or seedling.
I plan to germinate in paper towel and then put directly into 15L autopot.
It would seem the instructions doesn’t cover that as being ok, no mention of it?

Also instructions suggest a sub rate mix of 50/50 combinations
I plan to use all coco with just some clay pebbles at the bottom, but no mention of this.

Do I have to transplant a seedling before I can use biotabs? Or can I do as planned
Can I use all coco and some clay pebbles as planned?

@Hippy_BiotabsF70 @Ryker604_BT
yea your plan will work fine im also using just coco and you can do it either way go straight into the final pot or start in a smaller pot and transplant after 10-14 days if its your first time growing id go straight into the final pot for a couple of runs

Putting a germinated seed straight into final pot is just fine mate. Or you can transplant from a smaller starter pot. Stick with your method this round [emoji106]

Straight coco is cool. I usually use it straight. It’s more about personal preference I think.

Can’t remember if there was anything else? Head still mashed from the weekend.

OK, sorry about the delay, I'll try to answer some of the questions that were asked:

• the beauty of BioTabs is that you shouldn't worry about pH if you do it right, so no need to prep your coco in my opinion
  • you can go with straight coco without a doubt, I think that almost any potting mix consisting of at least 50% good substrate is valid
  • in my experience it's a good call to amend some CalMg in your coco - I do it with dolomite lime, as @stoney T mentioned
  • as sir @Hippy_BiotabsF70 said, you can start your seed in the final pot but I like it better to put a nice, healthy seedling in the final pot - your choice
Think that's about it, if there's more just give a shout out :thumbsup:. And thank you stoney T for your input and help :pighug:.

Back