Nutrients BioBizz Cal mag

think i sees spots in the first pic,2nd dunno.spots n blotches is normally cal/mag.dunno why they associated with each other so much.but they come in the same bottle so that might have something to do with it.4th opinion.
algamic contains 0.012% cal and 0.004% mag.so more or less nothing.
not sure about bio grow as ive swapped over to fishmix.
you say allways 6.8ph....are you using ph up/down all the time ? biobizz say if feed is 6.2-7.0ph do nowt to adjust.i agree.2 feed 1 water....biobizz aint a fan of that,me neither as its much easier to do the same thing each cupboard visit.
most of the time i dont water to run off watering everyday.weekends when i got time id give em a good 20% allways make sure drip trays been emptied before they go back in cupboard.
vpd chart shows general happinessness of plants at temp/hum% vapor_pressure_deficit_relative_humidity_chart_small.jpg
apparently chemical ph up/down and chem cal/mag kills off the good microbes in soils,biobizz say dont use.i use magnecal cal/mag not organic from 0.5-2.0ml.
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

think i sees spots in the first pic,2nd dunno.spots n blotches is normally cal/mag.dunno why they associated with each other so much.but they come in the same bottle so that might have something to do with it.4th opinion.
algamic contains 0.012% cal and 0.004% mag.so more or less nothing.
not sure about bio grow as ive swapped over to fishmix.
you say allways 6.8ph....are you using ph up/down all the time ? biobizz say if feed is 6.2-7.0ph do nowt to adjust.i agree.2 feed 1 water....biobizz aint a fan of that,me neither as its much easier to do the same thing each cupboard visit.
most of the time i dont water to run off watering everyday.weekends when i got time id give em a good 20% allways make sure drip trays been emptied before they go back in cupboard.
vpd chart shows general happinessness of plants at temp/hum% View attachment 1217815
apparently chemical ph up/down and chem cal/mag kills off the good microbes in soils,biobizz say dont use.i use magnecal cal/mag not organic from 0.5-2.0ml.
good luck n keep er lit

Cheers man thanks for the info I don't use pH+- every time I use the biobizz ph down which is just citric acid with the water to bring it to 6.8 as my tap water is 7.3. I'm going to add 1ml of the calmag so and just do the water to run of one a week.

What I will do from now on is give 1 litre of water per day so I will do

feed,feed,water,feed,feed,water(20%run off) this seems to make sense as keeps humidity down and the pots will get fairly dry between waters with that volume. I don't think I'd be worrying about microlife I used mycotrex at each stage of potting up and roots are extremely dense so I'd say the little fellas will survive. Here's a picture of full plants it's my first photoperiod grow I'm very excited.

Actually come to think of it when I use 2l litres per plant it seems to bring the humidity to the right range so will do that which would mean every 2 days water so roughly every week when it comes to plain watering I can do the run off with that.

Attachments

• 2633067_dinafem-critical-jack-grow-journal-by-getupandgrowdinafemcritical-jack.jpg
    2633067_dinafem-critical-jack-grow-journal-by-getupandgrowdinafemcritical-jack.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 68
they looking mighty fine to me :smokeit:
why water to runoff ?...........well if one of my 6L pots is light and dry,i can have runoff after 500ml.its not true runoff as there are cracks in the soil and the water is finding them and coming straight out the arse of the pot.a just light ready for a watering 6L pot can hold 1.0L of feed before a trickle comes out.a just moist 6L pot can take 1.5L of water before a trickle comes out.for me to water to 20% would need me feeding 2L to a 6L pot.
why water to runoff ?........ if i water real fast i can get runoff after 750ml.if i was to water real real slow (30mins) i could feed 1.5L with maybe 2 drops of runoff.
why water to runoff ?......it dosnt really mean water to 20% it just means when we water we should be making sure the whole pot gets wet.
peel off the airpot after a grow,and if them lil egg carton shapes aint filled with lil white roots/the whole pot full of roots.then them pockets of dry soil didnt get either wet enough or often enough,and roots il not move into dry soil.
if using chemical nutes or pushing shitload of nutes then salt build up could be an issue,another reason to water to run off,but you not so no chance of salt build up.
good luck n keep er lit

they looking mighty fine to me :smokeit:
why water to runoff ?...........well if one of my 6L pots is light and dry,i can have runoff after 500ml.its not true runoff as there are cracks in the soil and the water is finding them and coming straight out the arse of the pot.a just light ready for a watering 6L pot can hold 1.0L of feed before a trickle comes out.a just moist 6L pot can take 1.5L of water before a trickle comes out.for me to water to 20% would need me feeding 2L to a 6L pot.
why water to runoff ?........ if i water real fast i can get runoff after 750ml.if i was to water real real slow (30mins) i could feed 1.5L with maybe 2 drops of runoff.
why water to runoff ?......it dosnt really mean water to 20% it just means when we water we should be making sure the whole pot gets wet.
peel off the airpot after a grow,and if them lil egg carton shapes aint filled with lil white roots/the whole pot full of roots.then them pockets of dry soil didnt get either wet enough or often enough,and roots il not move into dry soil.
if using chemical nutes or pushing shitload of nutes then salt build up could be an issue,another reason to water to run off,but you not so no chance of salt build up.
good luck n keep er lit

Cheers man thanks I water quite slowly and it was when I done this I could give 3 + litres of water with bearly a drop coming out of the bottom. What I look for is lifting up the pot and see if the base of the pot looks moist between the holes to ensure all soil is getting water.

i just mixed up my nutes 0.75ml grow, 2ml bloom, 2ml heaven, 1ml algamic, 1mo topmax and 1ml calmag and the pH is 6.7.. also I just seen that biobizz have created an organic calmag supp have you heard of anyone using this yet?

yes 1 if not 2 folk,as im a chipstick names not comming to me :shrug: as far as reports go....it just works :thumbsup: same goes for the ph up/down it works no complaints :thumbsup:
as ph of my feeds is somewhere between at start of the grow 6.8 and end of flower 6.0 i dont adjust my ph at all.
when my bottle of magnecal+ is done il be getting biobizz cal/mag.
keep er lit

Calcium deficiencies are temperature/humidity related and magnesium deficiencies ph related. It is vastly better to improve the growroom climate and fix the ph levels than use cal Mag supplements. It is very difficult if not impossible not to have enough cal mag quantities in the medium or water. Dealing with the factors locking these out is a more productive approach in terms of quality and quantity of crop and overall health of the plant.

Calcium deficiencies are temperature/humidity related and magnesium deficiencies ph related. It is vastly better to improve the growroom climate and fix the ph levels than use cal Mag supplements. It is very difficult if not impossible not to have enough cal mag quantities in the medium or water. Dealing with the factors locking these out is a more productive approach in terms of quality and quantity of crop and overall health of the plant.

@Kinezokyprios Hey man I get where your coming from and I think my previous grows had this sort of issue due to less than optimal environment but for this I think it is looking more like its to do with a deficiency as my environment is spot on I have kept within the green zone of the vpd chart pretty much the whole way through.

One of my plants is perfect and the other is showing the signs and they are at the stage of rapidly forming flowers so I suspect that one is just a heavier feeder than the other. I will post pics of both plants tomorrow to show you what they look like side by side.

The reason I think this is the issue is because I've been doing feed,feed then water and haven't had the nute levels very high i am only up as far as 2.5ml bloom per litre as of today and three days ago gave just 2ml per litre of bloom and they are near entering week 4 flower of a roughly 8 week flowering cycle plus its biobizz which isn't very strong.

Thanks for the info man I'll post the pics tomorrow and see what you think now the plant showing slightly worse calmag issues on leaves so you could well be right and I'm talking out of my ass

:crying:

If the leaf yellowing and brown spots don't slow I think I will flush the soil as ph is most likely the culprit.

im fairly shit at the defs/toxins game.
flushing as in the traditional 3 times the pot volumne of plain/ph'd water ? never been a fan of flushing,i feel 1.to find out the pot ph by slurry test/or any other test is/will give dodgy results,and needs repeating so not worth it.2.flushing will remove most of the nutes/micro nutes,salts(being biobizz wont be many),minerals,microbes and whatnot.maybe better suited to a tox than a def.
if ya think ph is only slightly off,then adjust slowly and in small increments.
soil growers,when we see a def/tox its allready upto a week old.we dont feed the plant we feed the soil,soil takes a week to break down bottled food into plant food.in soil we can be 2 weeks behind,and it can take upto another 2 weeks to fix things fully.
ramblings of an eejit that talks out the top of ther head more often than not.4th opinion and all that.
good luck n keep er lit

Hey man I've attached more pictures I think I have been underfeeding them because I went much slower upping the nutes this grow as my last couple grows when growing autos I fed too much but now looking at my feeding schedule currently day 28 flower starting my 5th week it does seem a little low considering the amount of flowers on these beautiful ladies.. what do you think @seven of nine :doh:

As always very grateful for the help and info guys I'd be pulling my hair out otherwise :rofl:

Would I be right in thinking its N deficiency?? Biobizz said to just feed 1ml grow per l every feed due to being in all mix soil but my gut was kinda thinking that may be a little low..

Attachments

• 20200804_134132.jpg
    20200804_134132.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 131
  • 20200804_133936.jpg
    20200804_133936.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 114
  • 20200804_133903.jpg
    20200804_133903.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 115
  • 20200804_133828.jpg
    20200804_133828.jpg