New Grower Big Willie's Earthbox Auto Grow 2.0....

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not done with my first earthbox grow with the earthbox jrs and I'm already planning my next grow. I will be taking the summer off after I harvest my current grow. I will probably be starting the next grow at the end of September or sometime in October. My current grow is finishing up and in my opinion went quite well but the small size of the earthbox jrs did present some challenges.

I believe the plants grew super fast due to the earthboxes and perfect watering. I ended up with plants way bigger than expected. This led to some minor problems like purple stems, some leaves turning colors and looking bad. So that is why I am stepping up to the larger earthboxes. Standard size earthboxes are roughly twice the size of the jr's.

I am going to try some slightly larger strains for my next grow. In the 4x4 I will grow 4 plants in the original size earthboxes. One of each of the following:
Fastbuds Original Blueberry
Twenty20 Mendocino Durban Sunrise
Dutch Passion Banana Blaze
Dinafem Blue Cheese

While the 4x4 is awesome, I am going to be running a 2x4 tent as well... I will run 3 smaller strains in the earthbox jrs again. One of each of the following:
Mephisto Sour Crack
Mephisto Sour Livers
Mephisto 4 Assed Monkey

All organic, all autos, all earthboxes, all soil.

Last edited:
Loved watching you build your room. I was encouraged by your first grow and I learned vicariously.
Circumstances have not allowed for a long chunk of time at home in which I can try a first grow, but with any luck, that is about to change. I'll be eb Jrs. In soil, so thanks for your threads. @sickzone "Fogdog in an earthbox" was really formative for me. Along with @WildBill 's great threads and advice. You've been a great resource too.
So thanks and subscribed... GL

I learned a lot from them too! I think earthboxes and autos is a perfect match for beginners!
Loved watching you build your room. I was encouraged by your first grow and I learned vicariously.
Circumstances have not allowed for a long chunk of time at home in which I can try a first grow, but with any luck, that is about to change. I'll be eb Jrs. In soil, so thanks for your threads. @sickzone "Fogdog in an earthbox" was really formative for me. Along with @WildBill 's great threads and advice. You've been a great resource too.
So thanks and subscribed... GL

Been very interested in the Durban sunrise, love all the other strains you picked to be honest. I've started my first organic grow here recently myself so I'm going to follow along :pop:

Been very interested in the Durban sunrise, love all the other strains you picked to be honest. I've started my first organic grow here recently myself so I'm going to follow along :pop:
I have so many strains to choose from. There are a lot that I have that I want to grow but I can't grow them all at once. I have Fastbuds blue dream, blackberry, Mexican airlines, amnisa haze, whiskey zulu, glue sniffer, Humboldt Blue dream, Dinafem Moby dick XXL, mango smile, Ripley's OG, jammy dogers, glueberry og... I need a big ol greenhouse. Lol

Back