NEWS Big Marijuana growers stifle homegrown

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez, Phantom OG
Leafly link: https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/want-to-grow-your-own-cannabis-get-ready-to-fight-big-marijuana

Apparently companies like Acerage Holdings and others wish to make sure that nobody else but their or other large business concerns, can grow Marijuana. My wife is LIVID as am I about the idea that these companies are trying to shape legislature to eliminate home growers. WRONG is so many levels! The weed was here before "we" were here, and now large corportaions wish to eliminate the small grower. (list of colorful metaphors).

Leafly link: https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/want-to-grow-your-own-cannabis-get-ready-to-fight-big-marijuana

Apparently companies like Acerage Holdings and others wish to make sure that nobody else but their or other large business concerns, can grow Marijuana. My wife is LIVID as am I about the idea that these companies are trying to shape legislature to eliminate home growers. WRONG is so many levels! The weed was here before "we" were here, and now large corportaions wish to eliminate the small grower. (list of colorful metaphors).

Sometimes bribery of government by big companies will get cannabis legalized faster.
The bribers get what they bribed for: exclusivity.

I have a relative in legal state AZ who isn't permitted to grow because there's a dispensary within 50 miles.

I have a relative in legal state AZ who isn't permitted to grow because there's a dispensary within 50 miles.
That is absolutely asinine! 50 miles? They really don't want pot smokers.

Problems with legalizing drugs include people feeling obligated to push their own views on others regarding what is appropriate and not, with most seeing need to limit peoples' behavior. For example, rather than everyone just letting everyone do whatever they want, particularly in their own home, I presume there are very diverse views among AFN members on whether cocaine, LSD, opiates, PCP, ecstacy, amphetamime, etc. should be fully legalized, with individuals allowed to grow, import or make their own supplies. Some would say "Yes, all sounds good," while other would say, "No way, that's bad shit, people need to be protected from even trying that stuff (in a recreational context)"

Back