Lighting Before I spend some money

Slater

Flowery Twats
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey @BigSm0 or @KonopCh and one else that's want add thee 2 penns

Well you have got me hooked after reading all these wonderful cob threads, Its now my turn to ask
"please sirs may have some small help in making the right decision".
I'm gonna cut to the chase quick, I have found a kit on ebay that has all the right stuff and at a reasonable price, a bit over my budget. And I think its the only way I'm going to get those passive heat sinks as I'm UK based.
My original idea was to run 4 cobs 2 either side of my mars 600 but If I get this kit It will just have be all of them. My tent is 80cmx80cmx160cm (in old money just over 3'x3'x5').
My main concern is the diver, its not a make that has been used on AFN yet... Is it any good ?

here is the kit list -
5x Citizen CLU048-1212 90 CRI COB LED (3500k)
5x 120x80mm pin fin heatsinks untapped
5x COB holder
1x Pairui 250W LGSU250-C1400D dimmable
1x Dimmer (100k potentiometer) for dimming down to 10%
1x Knob for dimmer (potentiometer)
1x 3 meter RED cabel 600V
1x 3 meter BLACK cabel 600V
4x 1 meter WHITE cabel 600V
4x carbiner for your frame
1x IEC C14 connector
10x M4 12mm screw
10x M3 6mm screw

here is the link to it on ebay -

So should I go for it ?

I would buy that in a second. If your using mars hydro now you can't go wrong. 2 of those cobs gives more light than the mars alone. Never mind the 3 others. I haven't read up much on that driver but I have seen it around and think it's a decent brand. It's gotta be better than the plastic ones in your current light. The only concern I have for you is it could be to much light. Luckily it has a dimmer so you can adjust. I'm excited to see this hit the market for you Brits. That kit seems to have everything you would need.

I know cutter electronics in AU sells Parui drivers and they are a reputable place so I wouldnt be too wary of it. Should be a decent kit :)

I would buy that in a second. If your using mars hydro now you can't go wrong. 2 of those cobs gives more light than the mars alone. Never mind the 3 others. I haven't read up much on that driver but I have seen it around and think it's a decent brand. It's gotta be better than the plastic ones in your current light. The only concern I have for you is it could be to much light. Luckily it has a dimmer so you can adjust. I'm excited to see this hit the market for you Brits. That kit seems to have everything you would need.

Thank you @BigSm0 , I'm all over it :woohoo1:

Slater please pull the thread back up and post a picture or two once your done. I'm excited to see the progress and your feelings once it lights up.

Slater please pull the thread back up and post a picture or two once your done. I'm excited to see the progress and your feelings once it lights up.

will do, i shall do a Slater DIY COB job thread (that sounds wrong) as I have few ideas up my sleeve for a frame that will included my mars 600...ready for when I butcher her.