Basement Boogie 2 Electric Boogaloo w/Blue Dream Auto's

I like your word ritual, because I have nothing to back up my claim that the dark period helps with the desired positive effect with anything. I was taught by a grower who believed this to be true and I have kept doing it when I can. If I could see some science on the issue that would be informative and hopefully not embarrassing. :baked:
That's why I ask... I too am in search of the evidence. It's always take my word shit, but all these grow journals around and no one has done this experiment!!! Sometimes you just need to do it yourself to see. We do things as growers and people in everyday life just because that's how we learned doesn't make it right or wrong. Something told me that would be your answer lol, and it was a mighty good 1! It was honest. I do things like that as ritual all the time, not that it was the "best" way just the way I learned. I see all these growers doing this on here, but never seen proof. I as always figured it was just the way they learned, ancient secret type shit hahaha. I think there may be something to it, kinds makes sense from what I know. I read an article on this Dutch group of scientists did a study on this. They said yes, with some strains it seems to produce more of an effect than others. White Widow being 1 they said this technique works well with. I have no idea if this is true, people fake the dumbest things lol. Keep doing whatever it is you're doing bud, your plants look amazing!!! Stay lifted.

Personally, and again no evidence, I don't think it will make much difference. You may get additional trichs, but they will be new or immature. What you are after is matured trichs, cloudy or amber, so doesn't really work IMO.

I suppose in theory then, you would possibly get extra high rather than extra stoned, as it would be THC.

Last edited:
Ok two of these plants for reasons I do not know looked great got nice and big but the buds were too airy and fluffy so they went into edibles. The others turned out well with nice solid buds. The taste is very smooth and tastes like berries with a lite menthol flavor. Every tester have gave it the thumbs up including myself.
I did not do a final weight but one of the medium sized plants weighed just over one and one half ounces. She never showed any mold or mildew problems and is a Mighty Fine smoke. I will grow it again :cheers:
Blue Dream.JPG

Do you find the darkness to increase trichs, or do it out of ritual? I thought about give my next harvest a time out, but could depend on when they finish.
That's why I ask... I too am in search of the evidence. It's always take my word shit, but all these grow journals around and no one has done this experiment!!! Sometimes you just need to do it yourself to see. We do things as growers and people in everyday life just because that's how we learned doesn't make it right or wrong. Something told me that would be your answer lol, and it was a mighty good 1! It was honest. I do things like that as ritual all the time, not that it was the "best" way just the way I learned. I see all these growers doing this on here, but never seen proof. I as always figured it was just the way they learned, ancient secret type shit hahaha. I think there may be something to it, kinds makes sense from what I know. I read an article on this Dutch group of scientists did a study on this. They said yes, with some strains it seems to produce more of an effect than others. White Widow being 1 they said this technique works well with. I have no idea if this is true, people fake the dumbest things lol. Keep doing whatever it is you're doing bud, your plants look amazing!!! Stay lifted.
Personally, and again no evidence, I don't think it will make much difference. You may get additional trichs, but they will be new or immature. What you are after is matured trichs, cloudy or amber, so doesn't really work IMO.

I suppose in theory then, you would possibly get extra high rather than extra stoned, as it would be THC.
Ok two of these plants for reasons I do not know looked great got nice and big but the buds were too airy and fluffy so they went into edibles. The others turned out well with nice solid buds. The taste is very smooth and tastes like berries with a lite menthol flavor. Every tester have gave it the thumbs up including myself.
I did not do a final weight but one of the medium sized plants weighed just over one and one half ounces. She never showed any mold or mildew problems and is a Mighty Fine smoke. I will grow it again :cheers: View attachment 1321823

Yes there's some science behind dark. Before Harvest. 0 , 12 , 24 , 48 , and 72 hours of darkness.
This is a test I found that they did do in Ann Arbor Michigan
20210622_153351_(1).jpg
20210622_153402_(1).jpg
20210622_153455_(1).jpg
20210622_153514_(1).jpg
20210622_153557_(1).jpg

% of terps
20210622_153623_(1).jpg
20210622_153630_(1).jpg
20210622_153656_(1).jpg
20210622_153729_(1).jpg
20210622_153758_(1).jpg

Graff chart
20210622_153953_(1).jpg

I practice 24 to 36 hour's darkness before harvesting.

:cheers: :toke: :baked:

The cannabis shops in Michigan sell their cannabis for much more money after they brake over the 20% THC level. I have seen cannabis sell for much less even when very close to the 20% but not there.
This is huge @Growtogrow and everyone who see this should Thank You for this valuable information. Thank You @Growtogrow !!!!!!!!!

Yes there's some science behind dark. Before Harvest. 0 , 12 , 24 , 48 , and 72 hours of darkness.
This is a test I found that they did do in Ann Arbor MichiganView attachment 1334138View attachment 1334139View attachment 1334140View attachment 1334141View attachment 1334142

% of terpsView attachment 1334143View attachment 1334144View attachment 1334145View attachment 1334146View attachment 1334147

Graff chart
View attachment 1334148

I practice 24 to 36 hour's darkness before harvesting.

:cheers: :toke: :baked:
Nice, good digging bud. Not surprised tho growers have been doing this a long time, must have been for a reason. I bet with the ongoing of legalization in the US, and probably a bunch in Canada you will see more studies done. Now we need it tested on multiple different strains in same conditions. Stay lifted.

Back