New Grower Azad Grows RQS Gorilla,Bubble Kush, Cheese and Northen Lights automatic

Plants look good. Trim off any dead or dying leaves and you should be good to go as far as that goes. There is a lot of branching going on so you should plan your flowering strategy before they get out of hand. It is easy to become quickly overwhelmed by a rapidly growing plant. Whether you decide to scrog, supercrop, or let Mother Nature take its course, now is the time to decide. Those plants will outgrow that tent before you know it, I’m struggling with that now. I would also drop the light cycle to 18/6; they should be flowering by week 5.

why 18/6? some do have white hairs, how much more will they grow? what is the best option I am struggling for room tbh theres just too many leaves and branches going on.

why 18/6? some do have white hairs, how much more will they grow? what is the best option I am struggling for room tbh theres just too many leaves and branches going on.
The plants do need a little rest period everyday and the electric cost vs. bud return over 18hrs per day Is nominal versus the cost. You don’t have to, but most auto growers here run 18/6 schedule. It doesn’t hurt to give the lights a lil rest too. Your plants have barely started to flower, so they will probably double in size, or more. Look at my plants from a cpl days ago and a cpl weeks ago. Mine will probably grow another foot maybe before they finish.

As far as options for thinning/training/trimming etc. Your plants are very early in flowering, you still have several good options. I suggest doing some research on this site for LST, Scrogging, supercropping to see what option you like best. Everyone is different so I don’t want to give you specific instructions. It’s better you pick the grow style best suited to you and your ladies. Also, there are many great YouTube videos on thinning and general plant management. Good luck, I’ll be following along.

Does temp and rh need to be lowered I appreciate your opinion wes, super crop sounds nice how many leaves can i trim at one time and yeah the electricity is high atm on 24/0 18.6 would be cheaper and give plants time to rest during flowering period I checked yours out there looking great good size dont really want mine much bigger but i do want a good yield

Does temp and rh need to be lowered I appreciate your opinion wes, super crop sounds nice how many leaves can i trim at one time and yeah the electricity is high atm on 24/0 18.6 would be cheaper and give plants time to rest during flowering period I checked yours out there looking great good size dont really want mine much bigger but i do want a good yield
Auto's DO-NOT need resting times, I am on 24hrs(due to outside temps) I already had told you that it will be cheaper to run your light vs a heater had you decided to run at 18hrs or 20hrs..Your pulling approx 630-640 at wall w/ ballast & lamp...A heater even a small one would be approx 1500w. as for the humidity no don't drop that just yet, you wait until flowering in fully underway then start reducing like 5-8% a week or so, if say at 60% at first week of flower,2nd 55%,3rd 50% 4th & 5th 40-45 or whatever..the last week you can drop as low as ya wanted... about the leaves, I said I'd help ya with that part, but we both need to be on so you can take pics & I can mark them for you and send back... Either your gonna do that part or your not? If you choose to do, this is something that needs be started asap your on the plants clock not our own..:smokeout:

also running 24hrs there is no way to see your that in your usage but when running timers they can say geezee, everyday at 12pm to 4pm-6pm or whatever that there is a drop of 630-640 whats he doing in there? auto's a good way so you don't have show something is being used on a timer at exact time everyday for same length of time, same amount of power, etc...things like that could stand out to power companies just a thought...:2cents::smokeout:

**also maybe you should consider switching to CMH instead of a 600w HID lighting, they make two versions the 315w & 630w them run pretty cool and are very efficient, if you do ever go that route I do suggest making sure the ballast you get has built in Hot-Start Delay or if you buy one without be sure to add before using...The lamp on them are expensive to replace but will out last several HID lamps and still retain the output unlike mh/hps... The light is awesome from them, like a perfect sunny day you can take photo's no problem, so many great things about them but that hot start delay is very very very important to have with that or any hid lighting really but them more so coz of lamp costs... plus a 315w CMH is putting out higher par/umol then your 600w is , at half the power your using, so thats another good thing ;) just throwing ideas at ya..

Last edited:
never thought about the power company seeing it that way I'm glad you said something plus its cold at this time of year keep things running up to right temps running 24hrs, I was thinking led next any good led lights enough for 4 plants

never thought about the power company seeing it that way I'm glad you said something plus its cold at this time of year keep things running up to right temps running 24hrs, I was thinking led next any good led lights enough for 4 plants
Leds could be an issue for you coz of temps thats why I said the cmh, you won't get enough heat from leds so that could cost as much or more then your spending now on power.. Oh bro I think about everything, I told ya safety first...

Hey guys, its been 2 weeks since my last update I will keep you posted from now on twice a week if I can, a lot has happened in those 2 weeks, plants have taken off, here's 2 of them northern lights and bubble kush, let me know what you guys think and how there getting on, I do understand why some of you like to train them, I'm stuck for room to train mine unless I took one out i wasnt expecting auto flowers to grow so big the northern lights is 135cm she has some nice branches and what looks to be a nice cola coming on, they are a bit wild next time I will do less so I have more room, next time will be different I have learned a lot and gained a lot of knowledge here at AFN in such a short space of time from experienced helpfull growers within this community I thank everyone for all your input I must say tho @Unique has really helped me pull this off :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back