AutoSeeds 2024 Show Grows
Hi Frank can i ask what you did to these plants to get them so short and bushy with so much concentrated new growth? They look so good id like mine to follow your grow pattern.
Cheers K
I’m not really doing anything special, especially at this stage of growth. The biggest factor is probably the light…. They’re in the big tent, so are getting subjected to the big mars hydro light.

Other than that, I do take a few of the large fan leaves off, the ones that are blocking the light from reaching the side branches…. This will help encourage the lowers to reach up…instead of having a tall main cola, with shorter side branches. It works differently with every strain, but they all benefit from this type of defoliation.

I’m not really doing anything special, especially at this stage of growth. The biggest factor is probably the light…. They’re in the big tent, so are getting subjected to the big mars hydro light.

Other than that, I do take a few of the large fan leaves off, the ones that are blocking the light from reaching the side branches…. This will help encourage the lowers to reach up…instead of having a tall main cola, with shorter side branches. It works differently with every strain, but they all benefit from this type of defoliation.
ok great i will turn my light up mine are under a 720w but its turned down to 250 il change to 400 mine are looking great just over a week. From all the pictures i see autos dont seem to reach for the skies like photos and thats all i have to compare them too i have had no stretch in the seedlings and from reading i thought i had to be a bit more gentle with autos. But would you say give them as much light as i can without stressing/burning them?

ok great i will turn my light up mine are under a 720w but its turned down to 250 il change to 400 mine are looking great just over a week. From all the pictures i see autos dont seem to reach for the skies like photos and thats all i have to compare them too i have had no stretch in the seedlings and from reading i thought i had to be a bit more gentle with autos. But would you say give them as much light as i can without stressing/burning them?
I like to take it easy on them until about day 15ish…. Then I put them in the big tent. First two weeks are the crucial time to go easy…

Autos will get plenty huge, strain dependent…. Just pay attention to the size plants you’re getting when seed shopping…. Most of us have harvested in the neighborhood of a pound off a single plant…. Some way more than that…

I like to take it easy on them until about day 15ish…. Then I put them in the big tent. First two weeks are the crucial time to go easy…

Autos will get plenty huge, strain dependent…. Just pay attention to the size plants you’re getting when seed shopping…. Most of us have harvested in the neighborhood of a pound off a single plant…. Some way more than that…
Fantastic im so happy to have found this forum and thank you for the guidance its really appreciated day 15 is about 5/6 days away il turn the light up then i have not loaded the bottom soil with nutrients like usual and i have light mix in the top half (7gal pots). with skunk#1 i usually cut them in half when about waist high but from what i see you guys seem to just nip the tops off at about 2 weeks would you agree with that?

This thread is a goldmine of information and i thank all growers for demonstrating every step of thier grows, Really helps the new guy like me.

Fantastic im so happy to have found this forum and thank you for the guidance its really appreciated day 15 is about 5/6 days away il turn the light up then i have not loaded the bottom soil with nutrients like usual and i have light mix in the top half (7gal pots). with skunk#1 i usually cut them in half when about waist high but from what i see you guys seem to just nip the tops off at about 2 weeks would you agree with that?

This thread is a goldmine of information and i thank all growers for demonstrating every step of thier grows, Really helps the new guy like me.
I tagged you into my main thread…. Have a look at the newest few pages…. You’ll see a plant that recently got topped in there…

Weekly update. Do Si Do #1 is 100 days today, probably her last photo:
DsD.1_day100.jpg

Do Si Do #2 is 79:
DsD.2_day79.jpg

Durban Poison #2 is also 79. Smells as good as her big sister (now in jars):
DP.2_day79.jpg

Durban Poison #1 was chopped on day 90, jarred a couple of days ago. Still has the mysterious and intriguing aroma she had wile growing. Final weight 191 grams:

DP.1_day97_jarred_191g.jpg

Attachments

• setup_20240930.jpg
    setup_20240930.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 2
Back