Grow Mediums Auto’s on Auto-Pilot

Thanks VM @HemiSync I am def gonna try what you suggest or at least a move away from coco straight. Though in the end, I had plenty of calmag in my mix, has to have been ph related and now that I am using the AN ph down I adjust ph every other day to make sure I swing through the 5.5-6.2 areas.
I switched over to Greenleaf Nutrients Mega Crop and their additives. I use rainwater that has a EC of 0.01 and pH of 6.5 and after adding their nutrients it drops me down to 5.5 but since I’m using soil now I pH back up to 6.5 and I have very little pH drift after that. With five gallons in the reservoir and no airstone or water pump I usually only have to adjust once for drift before refilling. With AN and Technaflora I was adjusting pH sometimes twice a day. Not sure what the difference is but so far I’m sticking to MC and my AN is getting fed to the vegetable patch.

I switched over to Greenleaf Nutrients Mega Crop and their additives. I use rainwater that has a EC of 0.01 and pH of 6.5 and after adding their nutrients it drops me down to 5.5 but since I’m using soil now I pH back up to 6.5 and I have very little pH drift after that. With five gallons in the reservoir and no airstone or water pump I usually only have to adjust once for drift before refilling. With AN and Technaflora I was adjusting pH sometimes twice a day. Not sure what the difference is but so far I’m sticking to MC and my AN is getting fed to the vegetable patch.

I was wondering what to do with my old AN nutes now that I'm mega cropping. I was using excess MC feed on my tomatoes but heck why not use the AN instead.

I was wondering what to do with my old AN nutes now that I'm mega cropping. I was using excess MC feed on my tomatoes but heck why not use the AN instead.
I’m using the AN primarily on my veggies, I have so much of the Technaflora I’m using it on veggies and on my 5 gallon pot ladies out in the woods.

I think if you switched to a 70/30 soil/coco or perlite you would clear up most of the calmag deficiencies.

Following up on this, when you say "soil" can you expand on that. I assume you do not mean promixBX so what type of soil? Thanks.

Now onto a general update from the Outdoor Garden 2018

Between the funky growth and approx 4" of rain last week, my Amnesia Haze auto took a beating. She was showing mostly retracted, shriveled pistils and all cloudy.

8816a74bec761d629ec68799afb2733f455f7f82_1_666x500.jpeg

SO on Saturday I chopped the bulk of it, washed the branches in a 3 stage wash then hung the best colas to dry. The bud structure on this plant had me baffled. Flowers were just swollen calyxes stuffed with shriveled pistils. Thought at first she hermied or got pollinated but I don't think that was the case.

43478049972_fd3b52625e_o.jpg

43525761911_06ffbde3e0_o.jpg

I took three colas from the AK47 Auto outdoors. Rock hard and about 10+% amber.

43478050062_f1c2e96c00_o.jpg

29694994978_b0edf5da75_o.jpg

42660743075_aa75303bd5_o.jpg

43519540772_0c897740e7_o.jpg

43519542112_431bac8f99_o.jpg

Purple Haze Auto Day 83

28638100997_057127a793_o.jpg

Following up on this, when you say "soil" can you expand on that. I assume you do not mean promixBX so what type of soil? Thanks.

Between the funky growth and approx 4" of rain last week, my Amnesia Haze auto took a beating. She was showing mostly retracted, shriveled pistils and all cloudy.

View attachment 933763

SO on Saturday I chopped the bulk of it, washed the branches in a 3 stage wash then hung the best colas to dry. The bud structure on this plant had me baffled. Flowers were just swollen calyxes stuffed with shriveled pistils. Thought at first she hermied or got pollinated but I don't think that was the case.

View attachment 933764

View attachment 933765

View attachment 933766

View attachment 933767

View attachment 933768

View attachment 933769

View attachment 933770

Purple Haze Auto Day 83

View attachment 933771

Purple Haze looks real nice.

Ah the great outdoors, you've got to love it.

View attachment 933763

View attachment 933764

View attachment 933765

View attachment 933766

View attachment 933767

View attachment 933768

View attachment 933769

View attachment 933770

Purple Haze Auto Day 83

View attachment 933771

I use an organic top soil, mixed with 1 part each by volume of soil, compost, and perlite. Not sure what @pop22 is using but it’s a mixture of 70/30 soil/coco. The important thing is that you are using some form of dirt to help buffer those nutrients.

Ah the great outdoors, you've got to love it.

LOL, that was soo yesterday.

Today, after cutting away about 40% of my AK47 and the beginnings of rot on the Purple haze auto, I am just gutted. It's actually a classic case of damn poor planning. Having thick, dense colas in the hotest most humid months in the northeast, not really well thought out. We will hope I can get the ak dried before it rots more but with a 94% RH outdoors I am not overly confident.

At least BBA in the tent, my insurance policy, is going to produce. She has barely a white pistil on her and the beginnings of some amber trichs!!!

AHA wrecked due to too much N or the high heat and humidity.
AK47 40%+ bud rot loss.
PHA too soon to tell but have already cut away two fistfuls of flowers with rot.
Pineapple Clone is 6' tall and doing well. Pray for a dry fall.

That's all I've got. The summer that sucked.

C’mon man, its not all that bad, you are growing some very enviable bud!!!!

LOL, that was soo yesterday.

Today, after cutting away about 40% of my AK47 and the beginnings of rot on the Purple haze auto, I am just gutted. It's actually a classic case of damn poor planning. Having thick, dense colas in the hotest most humid months in the northeast, not really well thought out. We will hope I can get the ak dried before it rots more but with a 94% RH outdoors I am not overly confident.

At least BBA in the tent, my insurance policy, is going to produce. She has barely a white pistil on her and the beginnings of some amber trichs!!!

AHA wrecked due to too much N or the high heat and humidity.
AK47 40%+ bud rot loss.
PHA too soon to tell but have already cut away two fistfuls of flowers with rot.
Pineapple Clone is 6' tall and doing well. Pray for a dry fall.

That's all I've got. The summer that sucked.
Sorry to hear about your rot issues, been there and done that before. Time to make some bubble hash.

Back